- Name: Joshua Ojo
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 180
- Position: DB
- College: West Liberty University
- Twitter: @JoshOjo18
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Stephens City Virginia. It’s an extremely small town but it’s a place I hold dear to my heart. The best thing about Stephens City is a Friday night in the fall watching the Sherando Warriors play football. I also love hanging out with my friends and family and playing video games when I can.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Film 2. Strength and Conditioning 3. Practice, I list them in this order because it is important to know your opponent and the game plan. Football is 90% mental 10% physical. Strength and Conditioning second because in order to be ready on the field your body needs to be in tip top shape and that’s why I have practice last because you need to be well prepared mentally and physically to go out and perform every day.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I believe in God so I try not to worry about things much and just focus on what I can control in my life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Well my first couple years in college I wasn’t the best player I thought I could be and I had thoughts of quitting the team. I kept playing and was willing to get better every day and by not quitting I ended up becoming an All American.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My willingness to work hard. Everyday my teammates know I’m going to bring energy and my hard hat to work.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The running back from Notre Dame College is one of the best players I have ever seen in my life, he will for sure be playing on Sundays.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• To be honest I have no clue because without football I would’ve never went to college, it opened up a door for me that I am forever grateful for.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first car second desk last
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• It would have to be a family member, sorry strangers but I love my family dearly.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington because he’s the best actor and his wife in training day is my type of lady.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being separated from my siblings. I love my family a lot and that was something and something I still struggle with. I try to call them as much as I can to ease the pain and it helps sometimes but doesn’t always relive me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In 7th grade a teacher pronounced my name as (O-Ho) instead of Ojo(O-Joe) in front of the whole 7th grade everyone was dying laughing, sad part about it was she knew me personally. I guess no one is safe out here.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first interception because there was a time I thought I would never get one.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication- Nipsey
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m eager to learn, I’m going to study film like no other and anything else I need to know about the business to become the smartest person I can.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My bro Cody Monday. He was literally top 5 funniest guys I know and everyone misses him so to have him back for one day would be incredible. RIP the Great Cody Monday.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Ryan Fitzpatrick
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because not everyone that is liked is a realist to have ones respect is one of the best accomplishments you can have in life.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick a Virginia legend. If he never goes to jail only God knows what he would’ve accomplished, but I guess everything happens for a reason.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose it gives me the worst feeling in the world. Winning to me is kind of like “well I’ve been here before” so I forget about it fast but losing just hits different.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Coach Carlson without him I’m nothing, the man went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed to be successful at the next level and in life in general I am forever grateful for Coach Carlson he means the world to me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Beast! twitter.com/darrenheitner/…
about 16 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Peterson Apollon, Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/peters… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:DO NOT TRADE FOR AARON RODGERS nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gwWGTvg4Oj
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:Former Miami Hurricanes football player Alexander Figueroa has been arrested again for rape… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Imagine that! Casey Hayward signing with the Raiders
about 1 hour ago