1. Cincinnati – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU – There is no way the Bengals cannot take him at this point. The Bengals need a gunslinger and the former LSU quarterback really took a step in the right direction last season leading his Tigers to a National Championship victory.
2. Washington – Chase Young, DE, Ohio State – The Redskins have been rumored to taking a quarterback but I do not believe it. I think they were just trying to get someone to jump up to the #2 spot to select Tu’a. Young is a sack machine and he will join Ron Rivera in DC.
3. TRADE: Detroit trades back to 5 with the Miami Dolphins and land both pick #5 and #26 in the 2020 NFL Draft – Tu’a Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama, We all know that the Dolphins love Tu’a and they get scared when the Chargers begin to call the Lions. They give up two first round picks but they land their franchise QB.
4. NY Giants – Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson – The Giants need linebackers and they like a few of their guys but Simmons is such a freak. He would join Lorenzo Carter, and Blake Martinez. Simmons is a huge need right now for the Giants and they land a stud with the fourth pick.
5. TRADE: Detroit f/MIA – Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State – The Lions move back two spots and still land the player they want and land an additional first round pick in 2020. The Lions make a huge move and it was one of the smartest moves to hang the Dolphins over the ledge.
6. LA Chargers – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon – The Chargers find their quarterback. Herbert is a West Coast QB and he will stay on the West Coast. The big armed quarterback is going to a team that will use him right away. Tyrod Taylor will start the year but Herbert will take over the top spot by week 8.
7. Carolina – Jedrick Wills Jr., OL, Alabama – The Carolina Panthers have a new quarterback in Teddy Bridgewater and they have a solid running game, but they need to find a way to protect the quarterback and open holes. Wills Jr. is one of the meanest players in the draft.
8. Arizona – Tristen Wirfs, OL, Iowa – The Cardinals have a stacked offense now and just like the Panthers, they need to find a starting offensive lineman. Wirfs is a monster of a man and can protect their franchise quarterback for years to come.
9. Jacksonville – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama – I know people want to put CeeDee Lamb here but give me some Jeudy. I think Jeudy will be a huge target for Minshew. The Jaguars land a big time wide out!
10. TRADE: Cleveland trades the 10th pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the 14th pick and a 2nd rounder as well as a 5th round pick – Buccaneers select WR CeeDee Lamb. Tom Brady already has Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, now he adds one of the best wide outs in the draft. The Buccaneers want to move the ball and they are not playing.
11. NY Jets – Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama – The Jets need a wide receiver and they lose out on the two best players in the draft. They settle for the speedster Ruggs. The Jets have really been falling behind this off-season but they land who many feel maybe the best wide out in the draft.
12. Las Vegas – Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina – The Raiders have a ton of talent on their defensive line but you have to take the best player available. Kinlaw is a dog and a huge man. He will help the Raiders add additional sacks this year. I love this pick, he has to be considered a Gruden Grinder.
13. San Francisco f/IND – Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn – The 49ers cannot pass on Brown at this point. He should be a top 10 pick and he drops to the 49ers who just landed this pick for DeForest Buckner. 49ers basically strike gold for being smart.
14. TRADE: Cleveland f/TB – K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU – The Browns trade down and land one of the best pass rushers in the draft. With the huge contract of Olivier Vernon, the Browns potentially found a cheaper replacement. This is a great draft pick for the Browns.
15. Denver – CJ Henderson, CB, Florida – The Broncos land one of the best cornerbacks in the entire NFL Draft. Henderson is a big and long corner that will help solidify the secondary of the Broncos.
16. Atlanta – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU – The Falcons have a pretty stacked offense right now but they need a corner. Fulton is a starting cornerback that brings swag and toughness. The Falcons land former LSU standout Fulton with the 16th pick.
17. Dallas – AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa – The Dallas Cowboys have solidified their interior defensive line and now they land Epenesa a tough pass rusher. With the uncertainty of Randy Gregory the Cowboys need to make sure they have a pass rusher that can come in right now and contribute.
18. Miami f/PIT – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia – You land your starting quarterback and now you land your starting offensive tackle. The Dolphins hit a home run by getting their starting OT and starting QB.
19. Las Vegas f/CHI – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma – The Raiders have a need at wide receiver, but I think getting a starting linebacker like Murray is key. I like the Raiders defense but Murray is a centerpiece for their future.
20. Jacksonville f/LAR – Grant Delpit, S, LSU – Delpit is the best player available at this point, and I love the Delpit draft pick. Not many are going to understand it, but this move makes too much sense at this point.
21. Philadelphia – Patrick Queen, LB, LSU – The Eagles linebackers are suspect in my opinion and this move makes too much sense. I love the 6000 229 pound linebacker in a wide 9 defensive front.
22. Minnesota f/BUF – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU – Three LSU players in a row? Wow, the speedy Jefferson ends up going in the first round and will be the replacement of Stefon Diggs teaming up with Tajae Sharpe and Adam Thielen.
23. New England – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State – The Patriots sit and do not move and they still land a franchise quarterback. Tom Brady is gone, but a new era is about to take off under Jordan Love the 6040 gunslinger.
24. New Orleans – Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State – You can never have enough pass rushers, and the Saints feel like a great landing spot for the former Nittany Lions pass rusher.
25. Minnesota – Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama – The Minnesota Vikings have two safeties on their current roster and one is reportedly on the trading block. They add a freakish player in McKinney and fill an immediate need.
26. TRADE: DETROIT f/MIA f/HOU – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville – The Lions trade back land Okudah and then Becton and fill two huge needs quickly. This is a monster move and one of the best moves in the 2020 NFL Draft.
27. Seattle – Laviska Shenault Jr., WR – This is a luxury pick. They land one of the best wide outs in the entire draft to join forces with Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf and recently signed Phillip Dorsett. This is a huge signing and it adds another big body kid with pass catching abilities.
28. Baltimore – Zach Baun, LB, Wisconsin – The Ravens are super thin at the linebacker position and I feel Baun would be a huge asset at this point for the Ravens. The 6020, 238 pounder hits hard and plays like a Raven.
29. Tennessee – Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU – The Titans traded Jurrell Casey and they need a replacement. Blacklock reminds me of a high motored player that Mike Vrabel will fall in love with.
30. Green Bay – Josh Jones, OT, Houston – The Packers were able to sign Ricky Wagner, but this kid is the future. He is a huge player with great technique. I think he can be an immediate impact player for the Packers.
31. San Francisco – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama – Stefon Diggs little brother has found a home and will be a stud for the Niners. The 6010 cornerback can tag team with Richard Sherman, and help solidify the 49ers secondary.
32. Kansas City – AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson – You can never have enough cornerbacks. Terrell is a player that really does a good job at shutting down number 1 wide receivers. The Chiefs are stacked and now they add a talented player in Terrell.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds