- Austan Daniels
- Height: 6”0
- Weight: 195lbs
- Position: WR
- College: Midland University
- Twitter: @AustanDaniels02
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is Omaha, NE. We hold the College World Series, have one of the top 5 zoo’s in the world, and are home to the Creighton Blue jays basketball team. What I love most about Omaha is that its where all of my family live so I am able to see both sides of my family often, not everyone has that.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I would say Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. I say this because you want to know what to prepare for or focus on at practice so you need to first be able to watch film of your opponent or of yourself in order to game plan and improve. Strength and Conditioning is very important but if you’re in great physical shape but have no idea what the opponent wants to do and haven’t practiced for it then it’s for nothing.
What do you worry about, and why?
- This organic chemistry class – I hate chemistry & it’s a really hard class
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I can remember failing college algebra my freshman year of college. I was upset and embarrassed so when I took the course again next semester I made sure to put more time into studying and to go to the tutors. I ended up passing with a B.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- A leader
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Corey Ballentine, a Corner currently playing for the NY Giants
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- A performance nutritionist with my RD license working with a professional sports team.
Room, desk, and car – Which do you clean first?
- My room because that’s where I spend most of my time out of those 3.
If there was a disaster and you could either save 3 strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save the family member. Because I love my family and I know they are good people. I don’t know these 3 strangers they could be anybody good or bad.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Goku, he’s a savage and never gives up. He’s always trying to train and get better to reach a higher level. & he can fly.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcame it?
- My biggest adversity/test in life so far was my decision to transfer from the University of Nebraska Kearney and the process that came with it. I was at UNK for 3.5 years and made life-long friends/connections. I ended up starting at WR halfway through my RS Fr year and was a starter the rest of my time there. When I arrived as a freshman it was a spread offense, after my RS Fr year we had a coaching change and he implemented the triple option. Long story short after 2 years in that offense I began to lose my love for the game and decided I needed to transfer. So I was in the transfer portal as a senior, I had one coach helping me along the way and if it wasn’t for him I don’t know where I’d be. I learned a lot about myself, I was alone on this journey far from home and it was a true test that I conquered. I overcame this by betting on myself and taking that leap of faith. I ended up finding a home and having a great senior season. I had so much fun and fell back in love with the game. I don’t regret transferring at all, it was a great decision.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- The first thing that comes to mind is during high school I was at the movie theater with some friends. We were walking down the hall to our movie and along the way were these cute girls sitting on a bench. I was making some longer than normal eye contact so I was telling my boys “check these girls out” and they were like “ya she’s been lookin at me” So I’m like “no bro she’s lookin at me.” As I look back at them we make eye contact again and just in that moment. BOOM. I walk straight into this giant pillar in the middle of the hallway. I fall to the ground and all my boys are flaming me. It was all bad.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable wasn’t even a touchdown but it was a play that had a huge impact on us winning the game. It was 28-28 late in the 4th against our conference rivals, at their house and it was the last game of the season as well as the last game of my college career. They had a lot of momentum at this point, energy was high and their crowd/sideline were loud. We have the ball and drive down to their 30, its 4th and 7. They have scored 14 unanswered points in the 4th so we didn’t want to give the ball back to them without scoring. So this is a huge play, coach calls a play where I am running an out & up. Play runs smooth, I turn up from my out and the ball is in the air but it’s a little under thrown. I end up having to torque by body and grab the ball just before it hits the ground as it just barely squeezes by 2 defenders running at me. It was a crazy catch that went for 16 yds and put us in the redzone. We ended up scoring and winning the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Meek Mill – Believe, YoungBoy NBA – Untouchable
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Dependability & Availability
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandpa on my dad’s side. He was a jack of all trades and had so much knowledge about life. Him and my dad would talk on the porch for hours but I was too young to have any interest in what they were talking about. He loved and supported me so much and I miss him a lot. I lived with him and my grandma for a few years growing up and I wish I could have a conversation with him now as a man.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The O
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Chris Godwin
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. When I think about people that I respect I think of leaders. I think of people who went against the grain and made their own way. I think of people who worked hard for what they have. Or people who made the right decision and not the easy one. To me it’s easy to do things to be liked, to be respected you have to prove something consistently.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon. He is so talented and I don’t even know the guy but I supported him, I wanted to see him overcome his addictions and be successful. I feel for him because I know addiction is no joke, I’ve seen people close to me go down dark roads because of it. I feel bad that his career was cut short.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose. The feeling I get after a loss hurts so much more than the amount of joy I get from a win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents. They both have been my biggest fans & supported me since day 0. They are the ones who raised me and carved me into the man I am today. They instilled in me my morals, work ethic, drive, determination, etc. Neither of them graduated college and yet they both live happy lives with families of their own. They showed me through hard work you can achieve your goals. They are the reason I keep pushing, I want to make them proud.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Christian McCaffrey Injury Update, He is expected to practice today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/kellen…
about 51 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Cameron Sample, DT, Tulane University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/camero…
about 51 mins ago