Ahhh yes, another mock draft. Who doesn’t like them? I say, if you don’t like mock drafts, then you don’t like fun. Listen, mock drafts are rarely ever close to what happens. Sometimes the position is right, but the player isn’t. Other times a team takes a player most would consider to be a massive reach. If you take these with a grain of salt, it can be fun to play the guessing game. What we can do though, is take things into consideration when doing mock drafts. I made every selection in this mock strictly based on team needs. (minus a few exceptions, like WAS) I spent hours and hours looking at team depth charts and doing research to select the players that made the most sense! (Note: This Mock Draft was completed before Free Agency began)
Also, keep in mind, this mock draft does not consider all the moves that were made in free agency and it does not include compensatory picks. I also avoided potential trades for the sake of simplicity. I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!
- Cincinnati Bengals – Joe Burrow, QB LSU: There are no guarantees in the NFL draft, except this. Burrow is a lock to go #1 overall.
- Washington Redskins – Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama: No way the Redskins go Tua right? They just drafted Haskins in the first round last year. But really, how much do they like him? The draft gets real interesting just after the first pick.
- Detroit Lions – Chase Young, EDGE Ohio State: The Detroit Lions pick could certainly trade out of this pick if the draft played out this way. But instead, they stay at three and select the best pass rusher in the draft.
- New York Giants – Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville: What a match made in heaven. The Giants have been committing resources to their O-Line for a few years now. That continues with this mammoth of a man in Becton. Saquon Barkley is pleased.
- Miami Dolphins – Justin Herbert, QB Oregon: I think that it is very likely that the Dolphins trade up to secure one of the top QBs in the draft. But they may not have to.
- Los Angeles Chargers – Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson: I wanted to mock Okudah here but the Chargers secondary is already loaded. Adding Simmons would basically be like having TWO Derwin James’ on the field. Yikes!
- Carolina Panthers – Derrick Brown, IDL Auburn: Brown had a terrible performance at the combine, but you have to trust what you see on tape. Carolina does that and still makes Brown a top 10 pick.
- Arizona Cardinals – Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa: Boy oh boy would it be fun to see CeeDee Lamb reunited with Kyler Murray. Protecting the QB is more important though, so Wirfs it is.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Jeffery Okudah, CB Ohio State: The Jaguars get lucky to have a replacement for Jalen Ramsey fall right into their lap and pick Okudah without hesitation.
- Cleveland Browns – Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama: OL is probably the biggest weakness of the Browns, who just so happened to be stacked everywhere else. (why are they not winning games is anybody’s guess)
- New York Jets – CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma: Sam Darnold needs weapons and CeeDee Lamb is certainly that.
- Las Vegas Raiders – Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama: Hunter Renfrow might be the best WR on the Raiders roster as of right now. That is a problem that is fixed immediately with Jeudy, who ironically, is an Amari Cooper clone.
- Indianapolis Colts – Javon Kinlaw, IDL South Carolina: Kinlaw is the best defensive player left on the board. Colts take him here to upgrade their defensive line.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia: OL should be a priority for Tampa, whether through the draft or free agency. Especially if they land Tom Brady.
- Denver Broncos – Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama: Ruggs has insane speed. Many thought he was going to set the combine 40 record set by John Ross. He is the perfect complement to the big bodied Sutton.
- Atlanta Falcons – K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE LSU: With no plans to resign Vic Beasley, the Falcons go with the super twitchy Chaisson to fill the void at edge rusher.
- Dallas Cowboys – C.J. Henderson, CB Florida: Byron Jones has long felt like the odd man out in Dallas with Prescott, Elliott, and Cooper getting big deals. Henderson has the traits to step in and contribute right away.
- Miami Dolphins – Josh Jones, OT Houston: Trading away Tunsil left the Dolphins with a patchwork O-Line. Protecting Herbert is a must if they want him to succeed.
- Las Vegas Raiders – Kristian Fulton, CB LSU: Fulton and Trayvon Mullen would give the Raiders a very young, potentially great, CB duo.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Grant Delpit, S LSU: He is no Jalen Ramsey, but Delpit is a very instinctive, sideline to sideline defensive back that could make an immediate impact.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Denzel Mims, WR Baylor: There really isn’t much to not like about Mims. I would even go as bold to say that he could end up having the best career out of this year’s WR crop. He could step in and start on the outside for the Eagles, day 1.
- Buffalo Bills – Zack Baun, EDGE Wisconsin: Baun is a little undersized to be a full time edge rusher but he is an explosive athlete with a lot of potential. Jerry Hughes isn’t getting any younger.
- New England Patriots – Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE Penn State: Gross-Matos is your typical Bill Belichick kind of player. Fits the mold of a 4-3 defensive end and isn’t overly flashy.
- New Orleans Saints – Justin Jefferson, WR LSU: Can you name a WR on the Saints roster other than Michael Thomas? Doubt it. Jefferson is a savvy route runner who could take the Saints offense to another level…if that’s possible.
- Minnesota Vikings – Jeff Gladney, CB TCU: Xavier Rhodes was garbage last year, and he is a free agent. Gladney is a sticky, press cover corner who is highly competitive on every snap.
- Miami Dolphins – Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin: The offensive overhaul continues with Taylor. The amount of touches he had in college may be a little concerning but he was highly productive.
- Seattle Seahawks – Terrell Lewis, EDGE Alabama: Despite the injuries that cost him most of his college career, Lewis flashed some serious potential. He is an athletic freak,
- Baltimore Ravens – Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma: Ravens drafting a middle linebacker in the first round? Shocker.
- Tennessee Titans – Lucas Niang,, OT TCU: Give Henry another stud OL to run behind. Not that he needs one.
- Green Bay Packers – Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma: With those two stud pass rushers on the edge (Preston and Z’Darius Smith), Green Bay can make their defensive line more dangerous with this pocket pusher.
- San Francisco 49ers – Xavier McKinney, S Alabama: McKinney doesn’t do anything particularly great, but he is an all-around solid player. Good player to pair with Jimmie Ward.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn: Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland are both free agents. Igbinoghene could provide some relief at the CB position.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Tee Higgins, WR Clemson
- Indianapolis Colts – Jordan Love, QB Utah State
- Detroit Lions – Patrick Queen, LB LSU
- New York Giants – A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa
- Los Angeles Chargers – D’Andre Swift, RB Georgia
- Carolina Panthers – Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama
- Miami Dolphins – Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan
- Arizona Cardinals – Laviska Shenault Jr., WR Colorado
- Cleveland Browns – Antoine Winfield Jr., S Minnesota
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Ross Blacklock, IDL TCU
- Chicago Bears – Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL LSU
- Indianapolis Colts – Jalen Reagor, WR TCU
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State
- Denver Broncos – Austin Jackson, OT USC
- Atlanta Falcons – A.J. Terrell, CB Clemson
- New York Jets – Jonah Jackson, IOL Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Steelers – K.J. Hamler, WR Penn State
- Chicago Bears – Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
- Dallas Cowboys – Justin Madubuike, IDL Texas A&M
- Los Angeles Rams – Ashtyn Davis, S California
- Philadelphia Eagles – Cameron Dantzler, CB Mississippi State
- Buffalo Bills – Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona State
- Atlanta Falcons – Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB LSU
- Miami Dolphins – Julian Okwara, EDGE Notre Dame
- Houston Texans – Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State
- Minnesota Vikings – Matt Hennessy, IOL Temple
- Seattle Seahawks – Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn
- Baltimore Ravens – Raekwon Davis, IDL Alabama
- Tennessee Titans – Jonathan Greenard, EDGE Florida
- Green Bay Packers – Adam Trautman, TE Dayton
- Kanas City Chiefs – Cam Akers, RB Florida State
- Seattle Seahawks – Marlon Davidson, IDL Auburn
- Cincinnati Bengals – Curtis Weaver, EDGE Boise State
- Washington Redskins – Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
- Detroit Lions – Kyle Dugger, S Lenoir-Rhyne
- New York Jets – Troy Pride Jr., CB Notre Dame
- Carolina Panthers – Jacob Eason, QB Washington
- Miami Dolphins – Jordyn Brooks, LB Texas Tech
- Los Angeles Chargers – Isaiah Wilson, OT Georgia
- Arizona Cardinals – Jordan Elliott, IDL Missouri
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Darrell Taylor, EDGE Tennessee
- Cleveland Browns – Malik Harrison, LB Ohio State
- Indianapolis Colts – Joshua Uche, EDGE Michigan
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Davon Hamilton, IDL Ohio State
- Denver Broncos – Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois
- Atlanta Falcons – Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State
- New York Jets – Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue
- Las Vegas Raiders – Willie Gay Jr., LB Mississippi State
- Las Vegas Raiders – Bradlee Anae, EDGE Utah
- Dallas Cowboys – K.J. Hill, WR Ohio State
- Denver Broncos – Bryce Hall, CB Virginia
- Los Angeles Rams – Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU
- Philadelphia Eagles – Jake Fromm, QB Georgia
- Buffalo Bills – Darnay Holmes, CB UCLA
- New England Patriots – Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
- New Orleans Saints – Robert Hunt, IOL Louisiana
- Minnesota Vikings – Rashard Lawrence, IDL LSU
- Houston Texans – Khalid Kareem, EDGE Notre Dame
- Las Vegas Raiders – Brandon Jones, S Texas
- Baltimore Ravens – Jabari Zuniga, EDGE Florida
- Tennessee Titans – Hunter Bryant, TE Washington
- Green Bay Packers – Matthew Peart, OT UConn
- Denver Broncos – Troy Dye, LB Oregon
- Kansas City Chiefs – Ezra Cleveland, OT Boise State
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Justin Smith, WR, Norfolk State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/justin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dimitrius Patterson, WR, Lindsey Wilson College… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Marshon Crowder, S, University of Dubuque nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/marsho…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Donte Davenport, ATH, West Liberty University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Ike Onike, Linebacker nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/ike-on… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/AX0S3j85k8
about 2 hours ago