Week 3 in a new league is so important. The XFL had a very positive effect week 1 with 3.3 million viewers on television. The league did see a decline week 2 for television ratings, but you have to remember they were competing with the Daytona 500. When it comes to actual attendance though, the league has been pretty solid.
The XFL actually has noticed an increase in actual attendance.
Let’s look at the attendance from the first two weeks.
Here are week 1 numbers: Grand Total: 69,818 fans
- St. Louis Battlehawks v. Dallas Renegades – 17,206
- Tampa Bay Vipers v. New York Guardians – 17,634
- Houston Roughnecks v. LA Wildcats– 17,815
- Seattle Dragons v. DC Defenders – 17,163
Here are the numbers for week 2: Grand Total: 76,285
- New York Guardians v. DC Defenders – 15, 031
- Tampa Bay Vipers v. Seattle Dragons – 29,172
- Dallas Renegades v. LA Wildcats -14,979
- St. Louis Battlehawks v. Houston Renegades – 17,103
Here are week 3’s totals: 81,942
- Houston Roughnecks v. Tampa Bay Vipers – 18,117
- Dallas Renegades v. Seattle Dragons – 22,060
- New York Guardians v. St. Louis BattleHawks – 29,554
- DC Defenders v. LA Wildcats – 12,211
If the TV Ratings are down big time, it could mean panic, but with the attendance trending upwards it could get better.
Remember this though, March Madness is coming up. Could that take away viewership? This week is super critical, for the league.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football Friday FLEX Of The Week: Justin Jackson, RB, LA Chargers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- “Dark Side of the Ring” Is Returning for a Third Season ift.tt/3oiQubz
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Crist, LB/FB, College of William & Mary… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/n3CURTvhc4
about 46 mins ago
- Bucs working out Antonio Brown
about 56 mins ago