The XFL is pretty entertaining, but I wanted to compare their current stats to their 2001 attendance, which came close to 1 million fans in attendance.
In 40 games, the 2001 attendance record was 936,419 fans. What does that mean to the current state of the XFL? Well the XFL did not end up panning out in 2001 and many critics are hoping the XFL fails again.
The XFL in 2001 averaged 23,410 fans per game.
Right now the 2020 league is averaging 18,263 fans per game.
After just 8 games in 2020, the XFL has 146,103 fans that have come out to support their teams. If they continue the pace they are going right now for the XFL, they will actually have less attendance through 40 games. We figured it out that the XFL in 2020 would come to roughly 730,515 fans in attendance after forty games.
This may be a negative to many, but the TV ratings have been great so far when it comes to the XFL. In the first week, the XFL games were rated higher than every other sports game on television, meaning the fans are tuning in.
Vince McMahon has a great idea, and it is needed. The league has rules that make football fun, and we at Draft Diamonds are hoping they can continue to add teams and cities, because this is a fun football league.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Falcons, Bears Will Play Sunday Despite COVID-19 Scare ift.tt/34iFx0L
about 37 mins ago
- Week 3 Preview: Los Angeles Rams vs. Buffalo Bills ift.tt/2EI4BW8
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Who is Each Team’s Biggest Sleeper? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/sleepe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iN6BzElPNd
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Mike Leach’s first game in the SEC was fun and he punched LSU in the mouth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Elijah Dotson, RB, Sacramento State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/elijah… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago