Central Connecticut State University football player Mike Mushaw was encouraged by his coach to participate in a national bone marrow drive he didn’t hesitate. Thank the Lord upstairs he did though. A little girl name Eleanor who is 2 years old was diagnosed with a severe immune deficiency when she was just months old, and was in dire need of bone marrow and Mushaw was a match.
Eleanor’s name was added to the National Bone Marrow Registry while she was being treated at Children’s National Hospital in Washington D.C.
Mushaw is a junior linebacker from Scotia, New York that performed an act that was so selfless.
Mushaw underwent a three-hour procedure in Boston on July 2, 2018. He had two needles inserted into his pelvic bone to extract marrow and as a result, he missed all of summer workouts and the first week and a half of training camp as the Blue Devils who were preparing to defend their NEC title. He couldn’t lift more than 10 pounds, walk up stairs or bend over for two weeks.
It was a small price to pay, and we wanted to share the link if you want to see if you are a match for someone suffering.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Amazing Read by my Boy @DrJesseMorse twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/s…
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa their starting quarterback over Ryan Fitzpatrick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tua-ta…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Fantasy “Believe it or Not?”: Knee-Jerk Reactions After Week 6 ift.tt/3ob0J1B
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:Head Coach Rankings After Six Weeks of NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/head-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/DvKQPYIgi5
about 58 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shane Solberg, WR, Northwestern College (Iowa) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/shane-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago