- Name: Malik Dawkins
- Height: 6foot, 3 inches
- Weight: 300 lbs
- Position: Defensive Lineman
- College: Western Connecticut State University
- Twitter: @Malikdawkins97
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Hometown: Ocho Rios, Jamaica WI It is hard to pin point one thing I love about Ocho rios. I would say the one thing I love the most are the beaches and the atmosphere of the town.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1) Film Study 2) Practice 3) Strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• Worry about providing for my family in the future. I try not to worry though because I am following the path God has set for me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Fail: First semester as a freshman and a very underwhelming academic performance. I saw how my actions put my future in jeopardy, with football and also in the class room. My options were to shape up or drop out, I ended up turning my grades around for the spring semester with a 3.5 GPA. The following semesters I achieved an average of “B” GPA and above throughout the rest of my college career.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is how coachable I am. I am very adaptable and think quick on my feet. Coming from a country that does not have football, I had to teach myself the game and also become student to my teachers in order to succeed.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Michael Brehon
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career without football would be in the Banking / Finance sector.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• In the face of danger I would not hesitate to save my family. Reason being that instinctively you try to save the ones you have a bond with. Football is a perfect example of this because you join a team and total strangers become family. Every week we walk on the field, in the face of danger with every intention to win. If my brother needs help I’ll have his back, no questions asked.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Deadpool. He is VERY funny and despite not having crazy super powers, he does not let adversity hold him back!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was growing up away from my family. From age 11 to 16, I was attending boarding school. Munro College in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica. Munro college is a all boy boarding school about 5 hours away from home. I had to adapt to growing up without them, being away helped to shape the person I am today. Made me equipped to handle any situation and also helped with my transition from life in Jamaica to the United States of America.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment was, the first week of high school and I sat on gum and walked around with it all day.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable play had to be the 9 yard sack against our rival West Field, the day after I was awarded my citizenship! Planted the American flag center field to celebrate.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hard Tackle by Alkaline
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A great skill over looked by many is the ability to analyze the game. It comes from being a great student: watching film, listening to coaches and practice practice practice! We often play in a league where everyone is strong and fast. The true advantage comes from the player with the most information and the know how in a given situation.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Gianna Bryant. I feel like her life was cut so short, she did not get the chance to ball out. This just proves that while we have life, we should make the best of it because we do not know when it’s our time to depart this world.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Floss dance club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chris Jones
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Not everyone is going to like you and I believe it is a fool’s errand to try. Know your worth and strive to prove it day in and day out. Respect is earned not given.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel, He had a very promising career coming out of college and due to decisions off the field he did not live up to expectations.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom is my biggest influence. She is confident, which showed me to never be afraid to take risks no matter the out come. She is hardworking and driven, this influences me to work hard for what I want and accomplish what I put my mind too. Most importantly, she influences me to overcome adversity. Despite the challenges and difficulties I may face, there is always a way to not let them get the better of me. My mom continually influences me to be the best that I can be and I will always try to demonstrate her many great qualities.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Football Week 7 Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/AJ6BQTSgiu
about 40 mins ago
- Week 7 Preview: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans ift.tt/3jul3r8
about 1 hour ago
- Best Prop Bet from Every NFL Week 7 Game ift.tt/35uE5ZB
about 1 hour ago
- 2020 Fantasy Football Starts, Sits, Sleepers: Week 7 ift.tt/37CeoZK
about 1 hour ago
- World Series Game 3 Recap: Buehler Cruises, Dodgers Take Series Lead Over Rays ift.tt/2HA9aTb
about 1 hour ago