- Name: Homlin Taylor
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 185
- Position: DB
- College: Winston- Salem State
- Twitter: @HomlinT
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is in Boston Ma. What I love about it most is the people. They are so friendly and kind it’s also a great place to live
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Condition is first because in order to perform at a high level you need strength and condition. Second is film study. Studying the game is very important you need to know what to expect and the tendencies of your opponent. Third is practice repetition is key. From strength and condition to watch film now its time to put it all together by practicing and practicing hard.
What do you worry about, and why?
• To be honest I have no worries because the man up above controls everything, so I just control what I can control.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I would have to say not playing on the field my first year of college it made really feel horrible. That next off season I was determined to improve as a football place and did so and I have been playing ever since.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my work ethic. I take pride in my craft I take pride in getting better so I can be the best football player I can be for the team
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Not sure on this one there was a lot of football who played there hearts out every Saturday.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I wasn’t a football player, I probably would be a sales promoter. I enjoy being in that market.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first, Second I would clean my desk and third I would clean my car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If there was a disaster and I could save three strangers or one family member I would save the one family member. The reason why I say that is because family is everything without family you have nothing.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman because he is practically indestructible.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being homeless my first year of college, it was a struggle because I didn’t have anything was wearing the same clothes to class. It made who I am today now I have a job and I was able to save up for a car and now I able to buy new clothes and really take care of myself.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I would say going to class every day without a change of clothes.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It was on Kickoff I was running down the field and I was dodging through tacklers and I got to the ball carrier and strip the ball creating a turnover.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The Come Up -Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I believe it is my mentality. I believe that I will not be stopped if I stay grounded work hard, I am unstoppable.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would have to say my friend Earman Gomes Machado. He was like a brother to me and we use to talk on the phone every day about how we were going to play high school football together and he sadly he didn’t make it to high school he died at 13.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• It would be called SHAKY SHAKE come on down and get your shake on !!
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL
• I would have to say Devonte Adams
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Tom brady is someone that I would want to earn his respect because he is the greatest quarterback of all time.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown I feel like ever since took a hit from the Linebacker from the Bangles he hasn’t been the same mentally. I feel he should get some help because he is acting like the person he is not.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, and I don’t lose I learn.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has been the biggest influence on my life just seeing her work hard and struggle at times but keep going. It makes me want to work hard and take care of her. That is the ultimate goal I don’t do it for me I do it for her.