The 49ers were in the Super Bowl this year and while they did not get the win, today the Niners organization got a big win.
Former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. was pardoned by the President of the United States Donald Trump for his conviction in a gambling fraud scandal back in 1998.
DeBartolo Jr. built the San Francisco 49ers’ 1980s-’90s dynasty. He was involved in one of the biggest owners’ scandals in the sport’s history.
In 1998, he pleaded guilty to failing to report a felony when he paid $400,000 to former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards in exchange for a riverboat gambling license, according to NFL.com.
This was a huge move for Donald Trump and an even bigger news story for football fans in San Francisco.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former Nicholls State standout Dalton Hillard Jr. son of former Saints RB passed away at 29 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/dalton…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- President Trump wants College Football to happen, and some divisions plan to play nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/trump-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Calvert High School has a message for the scumbags that paint racial language on their football field… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- New York Giants owner’s daughter committed suicide after a long fight with depression nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/giants… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Steven Taylor, OL, Southern Arkansas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/steven… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RlNGAU5pFz
about 3 hours ago