- Name: Jonas Griffith
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 245
- Position: ILB, OLB
- College: Indiana State University
- Twitter: jonasgriffith
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Louisville, Kentucky. I love that it is big and it has many resources. I also love that it is not too big and the traffic is not that bad.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and conditioning because in order to practice and even become relevant, one must be in good shape and strong and flexible 2. Film study because one must know how to properly do the drills in practice and know their opponent. 3. Practice because one must perfect their craft and learn to compete at a high level
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry that I will not achieve my dreams because if I do not, then that means I did not maximize the ability that was given to me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at making the varsity basketball team my freshman year of high school. I reacted at first by being sad, but I soon realized that I had to work harder for my goals and dreams to become a reality. Failing made me want to work harder so that it never happened again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that I am a hard worker and a guy that leads by example and motivates others.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against was Trey Smith the offensive guard from Tennessee.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a crime scene investigator
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because I spend the most time in my room, and everything must be organized so that I can keep track of things.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers because those strangers have families and three family members is better than just one.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will Smith from I Am Legend because he beats the odds when everything was against him. He persevered and fought even though he were the only one. He was inspirational.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was when my older brother passed away. This was so hard because we were close and I looked up to him in many ways. I dealt with this by first of all praying and secondly knowing that everything happens for a reason and that I could let this tragedy define me or I could keep pushing and work harder so that I could honor my brother in that way.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was forgetting my lines in a school play in front of the whole school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play in my collegiate career was scoring my first and only collegiate touchdown against Youngstown State my junior year to win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• No promises by a boogie. Because I cannot make any promises besides the fact that I am going to work my tail off and the rest will take care of itself
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I can have to help me succeed at the next level is that of hard work. There might be others that are more physically gifted, but no one will outwork my preparation.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my older brother just to tell him that I love him one more time and tell him I do everything that I do for him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I opened a dance club it would be named Groovy.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is Quentin Nelson. He is the true definition of a team player.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because if everyone respects you then that means you are doing the right thing rather than being liked, one can be doing the wrong thing but put on a look that makes others think he is doing the right thing.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. I have never smoked weed or done any drugs before, but I feel as if he were dealing with issues that should have placed him in an institution that could have possibly helped save his career. In no way am I justifying his drug use, but if he had gotten the help he needed, he might have had a better career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than anything. There are still losses today that haunt me, because I feel as if I could have done more to help my team win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad has been my biggest influence because he showed me from an early age what a man should be. He is an amazing father and even better husband to my mom