The 2020 East-West Shrine Bowl Game has come to an end and it left us with such excitement for April. There were a host of players that stood out and looked spectacular. I will share my takeaways from the game below. As for the game, the East edged out a 31-27 victory. It looked like it would be an easy day at the office for the East but the West rebounded and made it close in the end.
- The Illinois State Redbirds tandem of James Robinson (RB) and Luther Kirk (S) made money as they say with strong performances. Robinson ran for 80 yards and 1 TD. He also added 2 catches for 56 yards. Luther Kirk was named the Defensive MVP with 1 INT. Kirk recorded the 2nd INT but it was negated by a penalty. Kirk showed unbelievable range on the 2nd INT.
- Dante Olson (LB, Montana) showed a good nose for the ball recording 7 tackles; the most on the day of any player on any team.
- Miami Hurricane LBs Shaq Quarterman and Michael Pinckney each logged 5 tackles showing good reads in the run game.
- Myles Dorn (S, North Carolina) showed that he is a strong tackler and looked good confident making plays in open space.
- Michael Danna (EDGE, Michigan) proved he was more than a pass rush specialist this week and it carried into the game. Danna had a good showing this week where his strength was on display.
- Garrett Marino (DL, UAB) every snap is played to the whistle. Every snap he gets his hands on the OL and makes it a fight. He had a really solid day and created some buzz around his name. Effort and energy are unmatched.
- Joe Gaziano (DE, Northwestern) is a technician. He was well-coached in the Big Ten as it showed with his pass moves. He was so well planned. He had the initial move ready, a counter prepared, got a hand up when the ball was thrown and then got downfield to find the pass. The effort is tremendous.
- Michael Onwenu (G, Michigan) proved to be a dominant force in the run game creating running lanes all day and being the guiding light on one of the teams TD runs.
- Benny LeMay (RB, Charlotte) showed good vision and ability to hit the hole. Scored 2 TDs and was named the Offensive MVP. LeMay had 15 carries for 86 yards and increased his draft stock.
- Malcolm Perry (ATH, Navy) is he a RB or a WR? It doesn’t matter he showed he needed very little room to create a big play. Perry was dynamite on his read-option TD run from 52 yards out.
- Binjimen Victor (WR, Ohio State) displayed a good ability to go get the ball as he scored on a flea-flicker play. He is a long target; tall and lean player.
- Adrian Killins Jr (RB, Central Florida) looks like he could be another pass-catching specialist RB in the NFL. Killins Jr had 7 catches for 92 yards on the day. He is small, shifty and looks like a nightmare in open space.
- Eli Wolf (TE, Georgia) showed a strong overall game. Wolf was good as a blocker and in the passing game, he ran routes and served as a safety outlet. Wolf displayed a level of comfort on the field that none of the other TE prospects; in my opinion.
- James Morgan (QB, Florida International) looked to have a good command of the offense in the first quarter putting together scoring drives. He seemed to be most comfortable with play-action plays and when he was able to move the pocket. He looks the part of an NFL backup. Outside of the first handful of guys, it is wide open and Morgan made the most of his chance.
- Josh Hammond (WR, Florida) seemed to be very comfortable and effective in the slot; good release against press coverage.
- Kyle Murphy (G, Rhode Island) and John Penisini (DT, Utah) had a nice battle upfront. Really got after it both showed good hands, aggression and took pride in winning a rep against one another.
- Reggie Corbin (RB, Illinois) showed excellent burst and looks like he may have grabbed the attention of a few coaches this week during practice.
- Parker Houston (TE, San Diego State) caught a TD and then was the snapper for the PAT.
- Mitchell Wilcox (TE, South Florida) had 2 special teams tackles.
- Mason Kinsey (WR, Berry) is a feisty WR with a rocked-up build. Had a nice 26-yard punt return that got his team momentum. Added 2 catches. His energy is contagious.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for December 2, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Chargers are signing P Lachlan Edwards to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/lachla…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Seahawks signed WR Darvin Kidsy to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/darvin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Vikings WR Adam Thielen has been taken off the COVID-19 list, EXPECT HIM TO PLAY week 13… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Lions WR Kenny Golladay is still not practicing, Not a good sign for the injured Lion wide receive… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago