- Name: Dejuan Lang
- Height: 5”10
- Position: Safety, Corner
- College: Indiana State, New Mexico Highlands
- Twitter: @Icheck_24
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Cincinnati, Ohio – I love my city because as soon as you step a foot in the city you feel what the city is going through an how strong it could make someone mentally an physically.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Film Study- Reasoning because film helps out in many ways that people won’t see usually like play recognition, an tendencies.
Strength and conditioning- working out hella a lot, of your a practice tired your goin. To be to tired to focus on what your job is so being out of shape an not strong enough will most likely put you in a bad position.
Practice- Watching film will be exposed in practice because you will always know what your doing and will always be in the right spot.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try to worry about the things I can control in any situation. Reasoning for that is their a lot of people stressing an worrying about situations they have no control over.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of when I failed is when I was at Indiana state an I fell under the requirement to play football an I was sent home. I overcame that because when I got the next opportunity I tried to get on everything early an did whatever to not disappoint my family again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my leadership, reasoning for that I was always there to help an I was never for myself.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Tevin Coleman
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would most likely try an coach football somewhere or I would start a barber career.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room- Reasoning to clean my room first is because it’s the first thing you see when you wake up.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Depending on the situation I would help either or hopefully I could save all of them in a situation.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ace- because he was patient an never hated an anybody just wanted to wait his turn to shine an that’s what he did.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I’ve ever went through was when I lost my father my junior year of high school. I never realized when I finally overcame the situation or if I ever overcame it I just know what my father would rather me do being that I was left to become the man of the house early.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One of the most embarrassing moments is when I was signing for college an the way one of my teammates said I’m signing to THE university of…. so I was next an said that I was signing to THE University of Indiana State but the name is Indiana State University
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
One of the best memories is 2014 when my an my Indiana state teammates made it to the playoff for the first time in 33 years after having a 1-11 season before.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Same thing- NoCap
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Physical- I say this because I’ve play on all three levels on defense so nothing will be a surprise.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Friend/Cousin Rashad- reasoning for him is because every time is seen him he was more into how my schooling was then football an I always felt like he was different when it comes to support he was Ted nothing but good for me and I appreciate him it all.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Big steppers
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Mike Edwards
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected because anybody can like you that doesn’t mean they respect you an vise vera.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Adrian Peterson- because of the situation when he was disciplining his son, I feel like he wasn’t in the wrong because you can obviously see the youth who don’t get discipline, I believe it will teach you right from wrong.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I would say my mother Kelly White because without words she showed me how to never give up even in situations where I should so after my father past away she stepped in an didn’t miss a beat.