• Name: Cyrano Rayfield, II
• Height: 6’0”
• Weight: 255
• Position: LB/LS
• College: University of Mary
• Twitter: CyranoRayfield2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Ottawa, IL which is about an hour and half south west of Chicago. It’s a smaller town of roughly 18,000 people. What I love most about my town is that it is built right off of the river, so the river is right there.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1st is film study because being a great student of the game and having as much knowledge about the game as possible is in itself very key. 2nd is practice because practice makes perfect and it correlates directly to game. 3rd is strength and conditioning because you have to be able to move mass in the game of football. Being able to be strong and powerful will help with being quicker and faster on the field while being able to dominate the person in front of you.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about all of the people in the world that are less fortunate than others and how a lot of those people don’t get the chance to showcase their talents because of their location, wealth, and or position they are in to better themselves and family.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I once was failing stats class in college, I actually failed that class two times back to back and the third time I took the class I was able to pass it with a C+. The difference within the first two times I took the class and the last time I took it was my whole demeanor towards the class. At first when I was taking it I thought it would be easy and I could just do the bare minimum to pass the class. Well, little did I know and two more times of taking the class I actually had to go above and beyond and do extra work, go in to the professors office for help, and get a tutor to pass the class. When I did all of that my third and final time taking the class I was able to pass it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being a hard worker and not taking “no” as an answer. Always trying to prove doubters and haters wrong.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against in college was Brayden Thomas DE from Mankato State University.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Something that allows to be apart of the game of football, rather that would be a coach and or athletic director at any level.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I prefer to clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a family member because family is everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman because he is one of the only super heroes that doesn’t have any super powers.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was being on a 1-10 football team 3 years in a row and then a 2-9 football team my senior year of college. I watched multiple teammates and friends leave the program because they couldn’t handle it. I was able to deal with the losses and overcome them by having so much love for the game of football that it doesn’t matter if we win or lose. Just as long as I am able to wake up in the morning breathe the air that I breathe, and have the opportunity to lace up my cleats and strap up my helmet, that’s what keeps me going.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when the waiter/waitress hands me my food and tells me to enjoy my meal, and I respond back with, “thanks, you too.”
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play in my collegiate career was getting making the OT look like he was on skates and making the TFL and safety against Minot State my senior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lose yourself -Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Having a nose for the ball, being able to come down hill quickly and closing a gap, and being a heavy hitter.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back grandfather so he could be able to see all of the accomplishments I have made so far.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Big C’s Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Nick Kwiatkoski
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because you don’t have to like someone to respect them.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown, because he was a great player that I believe let his ego get the best of him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because losing happens, it’s apart of life.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influence on my life has definitely been my father because he has been there for me through every up and down and he has taught me to be the man that I am today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I go to the store everyday, I live in Florida. No one is wearing a mask here. I wear it and protect myself. It i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- He is becoming one of my favorites. Sometimes you can go against the grain. I like players that are hated. Charles… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- I personally do not care if you get the vaccine or not. That is your choice. I may or may not agree with it, but it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- There are a ton of players in the NFL right now that are not getting the COVID vaccine and not planning on it. The… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- If they cut him because he speaks up then they do not have a process. He is better than every other wr on our rost… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...