- Cedric Wilcots II
- New Mexico State University
- 252 LBS.
- Hometown: Dallas, TX
- Twitter: @CedricWilcots10
2019 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2019 Phil Steele All-Independent Second Team.
- GP: 12
- Total Tackles: 26
- TFL: 5.5
- Sacks: 3.0
- QBH: 5
What have you taken away the most from Coach Martin, Coach Mumford and the rest of the NMSU coaching staff?
Coach Mumford has been a very crucial point in my development as a player. I would say just the knowledge of the game, not just the physical aspect but more so the mental part of the game that most people wouldn’t even think about that would give me the upper hand on my opponent.
When football is over, what do you aspire to do in the professional world?
I would love to be a sports talk show host. Similar to what Shannon Sharpe and Jalen Rose have done after their athletic career.
What separates you from other players at the defensive end position?
I would say my combination of size and athleticism. I’m confident that at my size there are a lot of things that I can do that not very many people with the same measurables as myself can do.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
I would say Jedrick Wills Jr. of Alabama was a very solid player and helluva athlete.
If your life was a book, what would the title be?
“Expecting the Unexpected.”
Give me your Mount Rushmore of all-time defensive linemen, past or present. What made you choose these four players?
I would have to go with Reggie White, Aaron Donald, John Randle, and Lawrence Taylor.
Is there a current or former NFL player you emulate your game after?
If I had to choose I would say, Dwight Freeney or Von Miller.
Let’s take a trip back to the first day of your freshman year at Wilmer-Hutchins High School. What advice would you give yourself then, knowing what you know now?
If I’m in Las Cruces on a Saturday night during the Fall, where is the one place I have to eat?
You just have to go to Andeles. Best spot in town, undefeated.
You’re in front of all 32 NFL General Managers and have 15 words or less to give them your pitch on why Cedric Wilcots II will be an asset to their organization for years to come. What do you tell them?
I’m an unselfish leader that’ll do whatever it takes to have my team be successful.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Duds: Week 6 NFL players that did not show up to play nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KNkomtgoiQ
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/mikes-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Get Ed Oliver out the game, put in the Great White Hope Justin Zimmer
about 35 mins ago
- Bills go get 10 more Justin Zimmer's. That kid wants it
about 37 mins ago