- Name: Bill Atkins
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 200
- Position: S
- College: University of Minnesota Duluth
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Hopkins, MN. One of the best basketball schools in the country.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. I believe that all games are won before they are played, which means how you prepare in film and in practice is directly correlated to how to perform in competition. Strength and Conditioning becomes less and less important as you progress through the levels of competition. HS, and beginning of College is when it’s most important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• My best effort, not being good enough. It’s uncontrollable.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I was told that I was too inconsistent to start at WR my Junior year in HS. I worked hard all spring and summer going into my senior season and started the whole season, was offensive MVP, All-conference, All-Metro, and earned an Division II scholarship in one season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Ability to control emotions in any situation
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Shane Zylstra- Mankato
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Strength and Conditioning Coach
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, family is everything to me and I know my family would do the same for me. I don’t know that about strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ghost from Power. He’s super ambitious and instinctive. Also, knows his goals in life and does what he needs to in order to achieve them.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Dealing will family members passing away. I put my faith into God and believe that he has a plan for everyone.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Pick six to seal the game against Bemidji State
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Go Get It- TI
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad. To gain more knowledge from him and learn from his mistakes.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Good Vibes
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Harrison Smith
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, someone who is just liked will try conform to everyone’s expectations of them. Whereas, being respected is due to having your own expectations for yourself and others conforming to them.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown. He reached the peak of his performance and had everything going for him but lost it all due to his lack of sympathy off the field.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom. She has been strong and resilient throughout every that’s happened to her and life and her strong leadership has been instilled into myself and my sister. She continues to defy all the odds.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RZfPRkTtAc
about 25 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with UAB WR Austin Watkins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xaGVOlCV8b
about 26 mins ago
- NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Halls, WR, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HpDwsl8yeH
about 27 mins ago
- Corrigan’s Gambling Corner: College Football Week 13 ift.tt/2VcpOvU
about 1 hour ago
- He is a dog! @JonM_Salter recently interviewed him.
about 2 hours ago