• Name: Angelo Owens
• Height: 6’4″
• Weight: 300
• Position: OG
• College: Middle Tennessee State University
• Twitter: angeloowens1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Deerfield Beach Florida is my home town. I love the sun and the beaches.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength & Conditioning, . I believe practice is first because if you’re lacking in strength, technique is crucial. I place Film Study over Strength & Conditioning because with the knowledge of your opponent’s tendencies mixed with great technique you can over power a stronger and more physical opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about being overlooked because I don’t have many starts under my belt, but I have the ability to compete with the best of them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to become eligible out of high school for NCAA Division 1 football. I was disappointed and my first reaction was to settle for less, but I decided to go to Junior College and chase my dream of becoming a Division 1 Football player. I ultimately received a scholarship at Middle Tennessee State University.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is that I am a team player. I love the guys in the locker room.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I’ve played against some bigger name players but the best player I played against in college was Timmy Horne (#98) from Charlotte 49ers.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would like to stay around the game and become a coach.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If there was a disaster I would choose to save my family member. I couldn’t imagine choosing the life of a stranger over my brother.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Any television or movie character, I’d be Batman because he’s my favorite hero. He doesn’t have any super powers, but he can compete with any super hero using film study and technique lol.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was I left for college with $30 in my pocket and a dream. I didn’t have many clothes and wasn’t guaranteed a starting position. I worked my way up as a starter on the same college team (Reedley College) that Bills QB Josh Allen worked his way up in. We both became starters and seeing his success always gave me motivation.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was at my first weight lifting tournament during warm ups I ripped my uniform and didn’t have tights under lol.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play is close between two plays in 2018. One is versus Marshall and the other versus Kentucky. In the Marshall game it was on a QB draw. I set, flashed my hands and hit the guy square in the chest; I put him down. In 2018 versus Kentucky it was my first start and it was power left. I blocked down on the Nose and hit his hip and he flew spinning in the air.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song that best describe my work ethic is On God by Kanye West because I believe Faith will get you anywhere.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•My most important trait is being physical. I think being physical is important because you have to be physical in all aspects pass protection and run. Having technique, but not being physical will get you beat.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• The one person I would bring back is my grand Dad because I never met him and he was so instrumental in the community. The city of Deerfield Beach named a park after my grand dad called Lincoln “Papa” McThay Park. The city of Deerfield does a memorial every year to honor him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Footloose (first thing come to mind )
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• One of my best friends, Trent Harris. I know what he can do and will do lol.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because being liked is cool, but I’ve been liked and disrespected before. I much rather be respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I can’t think of a player right now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my dad because the way he carries his self and how he raised us as a single parent. He’s the strongest man I know.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aaron Watson, CB, North Greenville University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Ravens RB Mark Ingram suffered a high ankle sprain; How many weeks will he miss?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shane Solberg, WR, Northwestern College (Iowa) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/shane-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:5 Upcoming 2021 Free Agents That Need to Prove Their Worth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/free-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago