- Name: Trivel Pinto
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 196
- Position: Receiver
- College: University of British Columbia
- Instagram: @tharisingstar
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Toronto ON Canada is my hometown and it’s the most culturally diverse city in the world. I love it because it made me into the man I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- They are all equally important as in you won’t find success in this game if you neglect either one but if I had to choose it would be Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, then Practice. Film being number one because football is a physical sport but the game is won mentally. If I study and learn my opponent’s habits and tendencies, I can find a way to beat him. Strength and Conditioning is also crucial because if you don’t take care of your body how do you expect to go out on the field and effectively execute what you’ve learned. Practice can come in any shape or form either on or off the field. I’m visual-spatial learner so I need to be on the field taking either mental or physical reps in order to perfect my craft.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not doing enough in my lifetime to better the lives of those who come after me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I fail at something everyday. It’s just apart of the process to accomplishing my goals. Whether it’s a dropped ball at practice, messing up a drill, the depth of my route or even footwork. I’m constantly failing and learning from those failures to become a better version of myself.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- You would have to ask them but I would think it’s my resiliency. My will to succeed is greater than any obstacle I may face. If I don’t win today I’ll try again tomorrow.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Malcom Lee
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Personal Trainer/ life coach
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- First thing I do before I start my day is make my bed because it encourages me to continue completing my tasks for the day. Next is my desk so that I have a comfortable working environment free of distractions. I don’t have a car yet but better believe it’ll be clean because it’s an extended representation of me.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I’m saving my family first no doubt about it because that’s just how I was raised. Family over everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Black Lighting
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- One of the hardest things I had to deal with was finding out my little sister had been hospitalized mid season. Her kidneys were shutting down and was hooked up to a dialysis machine for a few weeks. Thankfully we had a bye week coming up and I was able to fly home and visit her for a few days.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My first playoff game in my first year of university. We knew all week were going to take a shot deep on the first play and coach called my number. I left my db trailing and it was a perfect ball but it went right through my hands and bounced off my chest. I still scored later on that drive though.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable play of my collegiate career would be scoring the game winning touchdown in the triple OT game against Manitoba. Knowing that the game was on the line and being able to come through for my teammates, coaches and fans is something I won’t forget.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- On My Way – Meek Mill – Dreamchasers 2
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Trust. Trust in yourself and your abilities but also in the ones you choose to keep around you to hold each other accountable towards the common goal of success.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather because we weren’t as close as I would’ve liked while he was with us and I feel like I could’ve learned a lot from him and his struggles.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Komfy Kozy
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- James Butler Oakland Raiders RB
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because I can’t please everybody but my actions and accomplishments will speak for themselves.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Antonio Brown because he was and still is a dynamic player who deserves to be playing right now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win. A loss is only a loss if you don’t learn from it.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother because no matter how bad things got she always found a way to support us. We missed out on a lot of things growing up but without seeing her struggle and fight the way she did I wouldn’t have my drive and determination.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- From the 504 to The Spring League; Dion Ray hopes to show off his skills nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dion-r… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/IFwqGhQ1u9
about 29 mins ago
- Big news here, we need to do an interview if we haven't yet. Hit me up twitter.com/IRUNDAROCK/sta…
about 29 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Jonnu Smith Injury Update, Could this be a major setback? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/jonnu-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- NFL’s Big Bucks Players In 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-19/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/lkP4YWfpL9
about 33 mins ago