- Name: Nick Grosso
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 215
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Rowan University
- Twitter: @NickGrosso14
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Washington Township New Jersey. And it is a great sports community that has been very supportive through my career.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and conditioning because it is something you do all year round in season and the offseason to become a better player. 2. Film study to see my own and the teams weaknesses that we have to work on most to make me and my team better. 3. Practice because it is where you get good reps in because how you practice is how you play in games.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry I can let my team down, so it makes me work harder each day to be the best player possible.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
•I failed myself my sophomore year (2017) by not coming into the season in the best shape. This made me not be able to perform at the level I know I could. I overcame this by working harder then ever going into my junior year (2018). I shredded off a lot of fat and gained muscle which made me lighter on my feet and stronger then ever. Then I did the same into my senior (2019) year and was able to perform at a high level and put up good numbers and help my team in the best way possible.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I was always told my best quality was heart and leadership. I was the player to always work hard and never give up. And the younger players would look up to me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jordan Powell Widener university.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
•I would become a teacher and definitley still want to be around the game so coaching would be something I would want to do also.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room because it is the biggest one and where I spend most of my time.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because family is everything to me and I believe you should always be there for you family first no matter what.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• (Mark Wahlberg) in Invincible as Vince Papale because he cane from the bottom and got an opportunity to live his dream.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life is when I was younger and I didn’t have many people who believed that I can play football at a high level. I used this as more motivation and it made me work harder everyday to become the best player I can be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• waking into school on a rainy day my sophomore year of high school on crutches and slipping and falling in front of everyone.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring a touchdown in my last college game to spark a comeback win to end my college career.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Stronger. Kanye West.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• For me it is my ability to block on the perimeter on pursuit the ball to make blocks for my teammates no matter where it is on the field and catch any ball thrown to me.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My great grandmother because I was always her favorite and I would want her to see what I have accomplished up to this point in my life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Philly Special
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Larry Fitzgerald. He is overlooked because he is not flashy like the other receivers but he always does his job at a high level.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather would rather be respected because that means you are doing everything right and people are looking up to you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because I have people close to me that have dealt with addiction and it is not a easy thing to overcome.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• There is nothing more I hate then losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The person who had the biggest influence on my life Is definitley my brother. He struggled with drug addiction and I’ve seen him at his worst. He showed me that anything is possible by how much he changed his life around. He taught me to never give up and to just keep on fighting no matter how big the obstacles are.