- • Name: Joshua Avery
- • Height: 6’3
- • Weight: 312lbs
- • Position: DT
- • College: Southeast Missouri
- • Twitter: @J_avery90
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Nashville is a fast paced place, I enjoy it because I grew up there but sometimes you have to slow things down around you. What I love most is coming home on a break and ask my mom to cook, her food is undefeated especially her spaghetti.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, film study, strength and conditioning. I put practice before film study because you can’t watch film if you didn’t practice. Strength and conditioning is important because when you’re ready you don’t have to get ready.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about providing properly and my family safety.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I did mixed martial arts for a while which consist of different fighting styles and my senior year of high school I did wrestling. My first match my little brother was there and I lost and he look up to me and I felt like I let him down but afterwards I went to the gym and lifted and vowing to myself that I wouldn’t lose in front of him again and I haven’t.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• How athletic I am for my size and strength.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Offensive Lineman Drew Forbes and running back James Robinson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I don’t want to think about that, I’m still playing now.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, that’s where you unwind after a long day and your personal space. That has to be clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Honestly my one family member, that’s my family they have always been there for me so I’m going to be there for them and if the role was reversed im sure they would choose their one family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Bruce Banner, he’s a genius, he’s strong mentally and if he get mad we all know what happens.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Transferring into a four year and not being able to play. I could only practice but I bought into the program and played my role until I was able to play next year.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was trying to cut lines in my eyebrows and shaved my eyebrows off when I was 6.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first sack against EIU.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Renegade by Eminem and Jay-z
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being coachable and being able to adapt.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
•My Dad, I want him to see how far I came because of him he pushed me to be the man I am today and I love him for that.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I wouldn’t open a dance club.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• James Conner
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I don’t care if you don’t like me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman because he had potential to make it to the NFL but got involved with someone that wasn’t worthy of his time.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, not the best feeling.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My parents, although my dad is no longer here he has impacted my life for the better. My mom deserved the world for what she has done and sacrificed. I couldn’t think her enough.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for December 2, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Betting Strategy – How to Profit Betting on Football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-be… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BMZ3z5If1I
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Blake Dever, QB, University of North Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/blake-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Dalvin Cook Injury Update, Will Cook be ready for Week 13? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/dalvin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Drew Brees Injury Update, Should you be worried about Kamara’s production with him out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago