NFL Draft Diamonds Week 14 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Adds
PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! Ahhhh! Yes! They’re here! Whether you marched to an opening round bye or snuck in by playing the right Monday Night Football combo last night, a good Fantasy GM knows their roster is never complete!
- Raheem Mostert-RB-San Francisco 49ers: This is one of the best run teams in the NFL and they are also one of the most run committed teams as well. Tevin Coleman has just been underproductive and given the injury to Matt Breida it was Mostert’s time to shine…again. Baltimore isn’t Cincy but Mostert carved up Baltimore the same way he did Cincy. Add Mostert because he’s crazy effective on a per touch basis and given how banged up the 49ers RBs have been you want Mostert. Also, there is a theory that Mostert stole the starting RB job in Week 13. RB2- if Breida is out. Flex- if Breida plays.
- Adrian Peterson-RB-Washington Redskins: Derrius Guice is the clear running back of the Redskins future, but this season Adrian Peterson still matters. Since the coaching change Washington has been more committed to the run game and Peterson has benefited. He had a great matchup last week against Carolina and gets another gift facing Green Bay this week. Yes, he splits work but he’s effective with the work he gets. Flex play option.
- Nyheim Hines-RB-Indianapolis Colts: Marlon Mack is supposedly on the mend and moving towards a Week 14 comeback, but not so fast. Tampa Bay is good against the run but can’t cover a soul in the passing game. Hines is the pass-catching specialist in Indy and given how bad Tampa Bay is against the pass expect Hines to be involved. PPR Formats: RB2- if needed; Flex- otherwise
- Ryan Fitzpatrick-QB-Miami Dolphins: Maybe there is a little Fitzmagic left after all? Fitzpatrick continued the trend of teams torching Philadelphia in the air as he was north of 350 yards and accounted for 3 passing TD. The 37-year-old journeyman has back-to-back games in MetLife Stadium against the Jets this week, the Giants in Week 15 and then Week 16 is the mouthwatering Cincinnati Bengals matchup in Miami. He has the schedule to get a QB needy/desperate squad through the playoffs. It’s super risky; however, with absolutely no running game and good connections with Mike Gesicki and DeVante Parker, if Fitzmagic can get you beyond Week 14 anything is possible. All-or-nothing streamer not just for this week, but all of the playoffs.
- Zach Pascal-WR-Indianapolis Colts: Tampa Bay is bad against the pass; as we’ve already covered. The Colts are hoping T.Y. Hilton can return this season, and that’s just the beginning of the injuries they are currently battling. To sum it up, the Colts are lacking playmakers at the moment. Pascal is phenomenal when nobody else is in the lineup and guess what? Nobody else is in the lineup. Pascal had an exceptional Week 13 with 7 catches for 109 yards. Expect something similar this week from Pascal. WR2- as long as Hilton is out. Boom-or-bust Flex- once Hilton returns.
- James Washington-WR-Pittsburgh Steelers: Washington has been on a hot streak the last few games. He and Duck Hodges seem to be on the same page both on and off the field and I expect Hodges to continue to pepper Washington with targets even upon the return of JuJu Smith-Schuster. He has the chance to keep the streak rolling against the Arizona Cardinals this week. WR3 rest of the season.
- Benny Snell Jr-RB-Pittsburgh Steelers: If you ever draft James Conner you must also draft the handcuff. Conner is still banged up and nobody knows how close he is to coming back. Conner and his shoulder have all sorts of rumors and theories swirling around the internet, and you know the old saying: where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Snell has handled solid workloads well in back-to-back weeks and punched it in for 6 against Cleveland. Snell could have himself a field day against Arizona if Conner sits; which seems very likely in my opinion. RB2- until Conner returns.
- Alexander Mattison-RB-Minnesota Vikings: Going into the game against Seattle, Minnesota was running the ball on 48% of plays. Whether or not Dalvin Cook was held out for precautionary reasons in the 2nd half with a shoulder injury, go get Mattison. Mattison is an instant lock for 20 touches if Cook is out against Detroit. Minnesota has a lot to play for which is odd that Cook didn’t return to the game. Even more reason to get Mattison. He’s been good when used, so let’s hope he can do it for a full game in case Cook does sit. RB1- if Cook sits.
Week 14 Playoffs Streaming Defense:
Green Bay Packers