It is Championship Week for many and it is the final installment of my Weekly Waiver Wire Adds for this season. I hope these recommendations have helped you make moves to land in the championship game of your league.
I thank you all for reading and look forward to the next season! Until then look for my 2020 NFL Draft coverage.
1.Greg Ward Jr-WR-Philadelphia Eagles: If things don’t get better in Philadelphia, then I might have to be the next Vince Papale. But in all seriousness, the Eagles WRs are all hurt. Doug Pederson has said Nelson Agoholor is trending in the right direction for this week, so monitor that as the week progresses. Ward has been the most consistent thing for Wentz the last 2 games and that should continue against Dallas. Ward is a former college QB with excellent field vision and has a knack for finding the soft spot.
2. Danny Amendola-WR-Detroit Lions: David Blough is a train wreck I’m highly aware, but Amendola has 8 or more targets in each of the last 3 games. Proceed with caution.
3. Tyler Higbee-TE- LA Rams: He is the only TE in the NFL with three straight 100 or more yard games this season. He is really good and whether or not Gerald Everett comes should have little impact on Higbee.
4. Philip Rivers-QB- LA Chargers: The last time he faced Oakland it was a disaster. This time you’re really putting your eggs in the awful Oakland pass defense and banking they get attacked. On paper, Rivers should shred the Raiders but the game isn’t played on paper. You have to be a QB desperate streamer to consider this. Ultimate boom/bust play.
5. Gardner Minshew-QB-Jacksonville Jaguars: He has something to play for; the starting job next season. The game is in a dome and he might get DJ Chark back and Atlanta is suspect defensively. Let’s hope a little bit of Minshew Magic dusts the field again in Week 16.
6. Mike Boone-RB-Minnesota Vikings: Dalvin Cook left the game with a shoulder injury again and it looked pretty bad. Alexander Mattison was inactive for his own reasons last week and Mike Boone got the work. Boone is the ultimate insurance policy and the Minnesota RB situation needs to have an eye kept on it all week for updates.
7. Indianapolis Colts Defense: The Colts will have a home against game the Carolina Panthers who are giving the keys to Will Grier for his first career start. The Colts Defense is hot-or cold, hit-or-miss there is really no in between. They were manhandled on MNF by Drew Brees and the Saints, but the Colts D had 6 sacks against the Titans and 3 INT against Tampa. The 6 sack game for the Colts D is interesting because Carolina have given up 35 sacks in the last 8 games.
8. Denver Broncos Defense: They get Detroit this week and David Blough; who surrendered a defensive TD to Tampa Bay last week and 3 turnovers. The Denver Defense has at least 1 turnover and 3 sacks in each of its last 3 games. This could be a potential smash spot for Denver.
Follow Us on Facebook