- Name: Dakavian Champion
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 295
- Position: DT
- College: Southern University
- Twitter: @_champo_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Houston, Texas and what I love the most about it is that it is a big city so there is always stuff to do there
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• The order I put them in are Strength and condition,because your body have to be right to be able to compete on the field, second is Film and because your play can always rise when you understand what is going on, on the field, and lastly practice you need the first 2 things to be able to practice good and ultimately play good on game day
What do you worry about, and why?
• My biggest worry is me letting my family down because they are counting on me to do good in life
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A failed a class my sophomore of college it was my first ever F my reaction was to get more on my books and just put it in Gods hands
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I think they would say the will to be Great
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Devante Kincade
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Real Estate Agent
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family, because they come first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ceasar, because showed how to be a leader
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in my life the time when I moved to Houston and I had to get new friends and it was a different way of living to me, I had to adjust and get comfortable
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When the barber messed up my haircut in highschool
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play was in the Championship game against Alcorn State and I made the tackle on 4th and 2
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Keed, Ride the Wave
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Football IQ, Effort
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle Jimmy Ray and because he is what kept the family together with his presence
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Commission
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Danny Johnson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because somebody liking you can only go so far
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel, and because he made so many things look easy in college I wanted to see how he would be in the NFL
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influence in my life is my mom because she is a single parent taking care of her dreams and living her best life