- Name: Austin Micci
- Height: 5’8”
- Weight: 190
- Position: RB
- College: Colorado State University – Pueblo
- Twitter: @AustinMicci
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in Jacksonville, North Carolina, but grew up in Colorado Springs, Colorado. My hometown is full of tight nit communities who enjoy being around each other. I love how you are able to experience somewhat of a big and small city at the same time. It isn’t a small town of 1,000, nor is it Los Angeles. Colorado is the place to be.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Practice, Film Study. I believe in order to be a dominate force on the football field, it starts in the offseason lifting weights and physically preparing your body to have the capability of enduring a long, grueling season. Once an athlete has the necessary tools to compete at a high level, honing in on the details of the game is the next step. Repetition on the practice field helps an athlete to create muscle memory that will translate to game day. Last but not least is the film stage. The athlete is physically and mentally prepared to dominate, but now needs to utilize film in analyzing how his opponent moves and reacts to certain situations. All three are essential and attribute to success.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try to approach each situation with a sense of openness and calmness, but if there was something that I consistently worry about it would be the things I can’t control in life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My sophomore year of college I had always been an A/B student. I got a 58% on my first finance test, and I did not know how to react. I understood the format of the test, and was able to study the right way for the next one. I got a 95% on test two and set the curve.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say I am the hardest worker in the room at any given time. My mental approach is what sets me apart from my competition, and I refuse to become complacent. To sum that up, my best quality is resiliency.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have ever played against in college is RB Nate Gunn from Minnesota State University.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, by career would be an athletic director at a college. I love sports and how they teach young men and women to overcome obstacles that arise in their life, therefore, this job would fit me perfectly.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, then room, then car. I have my moments where I want everything to be in order and spotless, but I tend to be more of an unorganized and on the fly person.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My emotional attachment to the family member would undoubtedly force me to choose the family member over the strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will Ferrel, because to me he is the definition of humor. Who doesn’t like to laugh?
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life has always been having to listen to people tell me, “You’re too small, you’re not talented enough, and you’ll never be in a starting role.” Hearing that through the years has been my motivation to prove everyone wrong. I refuse to let the background noise of people who can’t accomplish a feat on their own, bring me down with them.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was in high school when I was dating a girl who had a twin sister, and I accidentally kissed the wrong one.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my college career was the first carry of my junior season against Dixie State. I didn’t get a single carry in the first half, but I got the first carry to start the third quarter. I took it 80 yards to the house, and I’ll never forget it.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lose Yourself – Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I can have is welcoming constructive criticism. If I can’t listen to someone who has more knowledge than me, I’ll never make it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Robin Williams, because he is the greatest actor who has ever lived.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Meech
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Austin Ekeler
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Respect will continue to hold relevance when people no longer like you. Like Tom Brady, people don’t like him because he wins the Super Bowl every year, but they all respect him.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice. He had every tool that a running back in the NFL needs to be successful, and he squandered it. I believe if he had another chance, he’d make right.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my parents. Since a young age they have instilled in me that I can accomplish anything with hard work and relentless dedication. Without them, I wouldn’t be in the spot I am today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kyle Nuñez, OL, Stony Brook University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/kyle-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for June 15, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Le’Vonte Larry, DB, Savannah State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- In Buffalo for a workout twitter.com/aaflegends/sta…
about 56 mins ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...