I know many of you are probably trying to figure out what a small school Mock Draft is, so let me explain. It is set up just like a normal Mock Draft, but we like to give our small schoolers some love. We stopped making rankings because families were taking them to heart. Every year around 20 small schoolers are drafted, so what we wanted to do is give some kids a shoutout. This is just having fun, we talk about 32 players who had great careers. We wanted to shout out players we feel have the gift to make it. Guess what, if you did not make the list, do not cry, you just were not a first round pick in our imaginary Mock Draft, that is not real. So keep working on your craft, and don’t give up hope. Do not let a website who does not work for the NFL define your career, but have fun and good luck in the process. So let’s get started.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton – The huge tight end prospect from Dayton has been a man among boys on the field this year. This year he finished the season with 70 receptions, 916 yards and 14 touchdowns. Trautman is a 6060 pass catcher who will take his talents to Senior Bowl. I would not be surprised if he is the first small schooler drafted.
- New York Giants – Ben Bartch, OT, Saint John’s (MN) – Bartch is a small schooler but let me tell you something do not sleep on him. This kid is 6060 and 305 pounds, he is strong as an ox and he is old school. He reminds me a lot of Quinton Nelson. The kid has a flip phone, that should tell you everything you want to know about the kid. He is old school and a big “Ole” Country Boy. I love him and feel he could go as high as the second round with a great performance at the Senior Bowl.
- Washington Redskins – Kyle Dugger, SS, Lenoir Rhyne – I feel Dugger is a kid with tons of potential. He is projected as a 4th rounder in my opinion, but he could rise with a good performance at the Senior Bowl. The 6010 strong safety is a kid that many do not know about. He is not afraid of contact and at the end of the day, he would be an amazing player for any team that drafts him.
- Miami Dolphins – Jeremy Chinn, SS, Southern Illinois – Chinn is a player we have loved for years. His coach Nick Hill raves about him and he should. Chinn is a gamer, with big play capabilities. The 6020 safety is a 4.4 kid with great ball skills. I think Chinn will end up going in the 4-5 round but he has special written all over him.
- Detroit Lions – James Robinson, RB, Illinois State – James Robinson is a workhorse. He has been since his Freshman year in High School. Robinson has 1805 yards rushing this year with 18 touchdowns. They play North Dakota State this week and I would not be shocked if rumbles for another 100 yards. Robinson is the best small school running back and someone is going to get a kid that can do it all.
- Arizona Cardinals – Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State University – Do you want a huge offensive tackle? Well we found one for you. He is 6080 and athletic. The Moncks Corner, South Carolina native will be a player that has success at the highest level. I think he is flying up boards and after the Senior Bowl I would not be surprised if he makes the biggest jump. The kid has talent.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Charlie Taumoepeau, TE, Portland State – Charlie is considered an H-back type but teams are utilizing this now and it is becoming successful again. The 49ers are a team that come to mind, but Taumoepeau has 474 yards receiving this year and 2 touchdowns. He can block though too, and that will help his stock. I have him as a late rounder right now, but the Senior Bowl should help him out.
- Atlanta Falcons – Cam Gill, OLB, Wagner – Every team needs a pass rusher. Gill is a kid that can get after the quarterback. Gill is a guy who many had projected higher going into the season. He has speed which will help him out in the draft process. Gill has speed off the edge but can also drop back in coverage and run with a tight end.
- New York Jets – Bryce Sterk, DE, Montana State – This kid is a beast off the edge. He is 6040, and 261 pounds. I think he will be a late rounder, but Sterk is a player that wreaks havoc against opposing quarterbacks and offensive lineman. There are rumors this kid runs in the 4.6’s if that happens he could rise on this board.
- Los Angeles Chargers – Aaron Parker, WR, Rhode Island – Not the most productive wide receiver in college this year, but he was up there. He finished with 1224 yards receiving on 81 receptions and scored 9 touchdowns. The impressive thing is he averaged 15.1 yards per reception. That is huge and NFL teams are taking notice.
- Carolina Panthers – RonDell Carter, DE, James Madison – If you are looking for a tank off the edge this is it. He is built like a rock, he stands at 6020 and weighs 270 pounds. He can move and is terrorizing the FCS quarterbacks. Carter has been super impressive this year and I feel he is a top player in this draft from small schools.
- Denver Broncos – Lacale London, DT, Western Illinois – Not many are talking about him but they better start looking at the kid. He is 6050 and 300 pounds. He can move mountains, and is a force in the middle of the field. I am a huge fan of his and feel people are still sleeping on him. He will shine at the NFLPA game.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Kyle Murphy, OG, Rhode Island – Murphy is a mauler. I like Murphy’s play quite a bit and feel he will have a good shot at hearing his name called this year. At 6030 and 302 pounds, he will be a very solid guard at the next level. He has experience and has played every position. That versatility will help him in his transition to the NFL.
- Indianapolis Colts – Auzoyah Alufohai, DT, West Georgia – Yep, people are sleeping on him and they shouldn’t be. Alufohai is raw, but he is also 6040 and 320 pounds. The kid can dunk a basketball, he is a former basketball player. He has only played football for five years. I could see a team transitioning him to guard and I would not be shocked if he tears up his pro day and a team takes him super earlier than expected.
- Oakland Raiders – Rashad Robinson, CB, James Madison – If he did not get hurt last year he was a 5th round pick at worst. Robinson is a shut down corner and after the success from Jimmy Moreland I would expect Robinson to have the same success at the next level. Robinson is being slept on by people and they need to wake up.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Josh Brown, OT, College of Idaho – Yes, the NAIA has a draft pick, I believe it. The kid is 6070, 300 pounds can do a back flip, and is a two sport athlete. He is a beast in track and field, is athletic and I think he will be a player that a team would love to groom. Brown is the most underrated player in the draft, you heard it hear first.
- Cleveland Browns – Josh Pearson, WR, Jacksonville State – They call him Baby Julio for a reason. The kid is a freak. He is not afraid to go up and get the ball. He is a 6030, 205 pound wide out who makes team pay in the red zone. He is a touchdown maker and I feel he will be a steal in the NFL.
- Oakland Raiders – Case Cookus, QB, Northern Arizona – There are not many draftable quarterbacks from small schools but you cannot pass up this kid. He is 6040 and 205 pounds. He has a great arm, and is NAU’s All-Time Passing Leader. Cookus went over 4000 yards passing this year and has 120 career touchdown passes. He is special and should be on a roster next year.
- Tennessee Titans – Christian Rowland, WR, Tennessee State – I am keeping you home kid. This is by far the most explosive player out of small schools. He was the best punt returner in the nation as a Freshman. He was not used right in his Sophomore and Junior year, and then finally used right his Senior Year. His senior year he blew out the record books, with more than 100 receptions and was the FCS leader in receiving yards.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Luther Kirk, SS, Illinois State – The 6010 safety is a 4.4 kid who has a knack for being around the ball. Kirk can make plays all over the field and I am a huge fan of his. I think Kirk reminds me of Earl Thomas. He will lay you out and pick you off. He can do both.
- Dallas Cowboys – Mason Kinsey, WR, Berry College – When you look at Mason Kinsey, want to know what you see? You see a kid that wants it more than anyone else on the field. A kid that will outwork you, he will put in the extra time, he will sweat, he will bleed, he wants it. You cannot take that away from this kid. He is a fighter and NFL teams will love his scrappy play.
- Miami Dolphins – Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton – Smart, Athletic and great arm. Who would not like those talents on their team? I think Kevin Davidson has everything an NFL team will look for. He can make every NFL pass and he is talented. When you have it between the ears you can make it in the NFL and Davidson has that.
- Miami Dolphins – Dante Olson, LB, Montana – The Montana linebacker is a force to be reckon with on the field. He is everywhere. He stands at 6030 and weighs 240 pounds. I love this kids abilities and feel he is being slept on by the media right now.
- Buffalo Bills – Prince Robinson, CB, Tarleton State – I feel every team needs a Prince, but this kid is special when he gets the ball in his hands. He is a return man and an ball magnet in the secondary. He had several touchdowns this year on pick sixes and as a return man he is one of the most elusive in the game.
- Minnesota Vikings – Juwan Green, WR, Albany – Juwan Green is a kid who I enjoy to watch. He tore up Central Michigan and continued to tear everyone else up in the FCS this year. He has the most touchdowns in the FCS and he had a Freshman tossing him the rock. He is special.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Derek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State – A pass rusher who has a knack for getting after the QB. I am telling you this kid is a force off the edge. He reminds me of Jared Allen off the edge. Tuszka has been dominating the FCS playoffs and he will continue to shine.
- Green Bay Packers – Kyle Hinton, OL, Washburn – Hinton is an athletic player that NFL scouts are all over. I had one tell me the other day he reminds me of Matt Gono who was another small school player that made a 53 man roster after going undrafted. He was talented and has great footwork. This kid is a special talent and I love his tenacity.
- New England Patriots – Roland Rivers, QB, Slippery Rock – Yes, he is a Division 2 quarterback but the kid is a freak. Last week he had 8 touchdown passes and six in the first half. Are you kidding me, he is putting up Madden numbers at the D2 level. I would have loved to see this kid against the FBS talents. He is a beast.
- New Orleans Saints – Manasseh Bailey, WR, Morgan State – Bailey is a 6000 wide receiver with speed. I keep hearing the kid is a 4.3 kid, and you can tell on his film he has wheels. He tore it up all year, and was one of the better small school wide outs all year.
- Seattle Seahawks – Zimari Manning, WR, Tarleton State – A 6010 wide out with big play making ability. Manning is a Cali native who I fell in love with. He is the best wide out in D2, and I feel he will shine at the next level when giving a shot. He has a chip on his shoulder.
- San Francisco 49ers – Jonas Griffith, OLB, Indiana State – He was my top rated OLB and everyone has him dropping. I am going to tell you like this, keep sleeping. This kid will be on a 53 man roster. I am guaranteeing it. I believe in this kid more than anyone else, he knows it too. I feel he is a stud, keep sleeping!
- Baltimore Ravens – Isaiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth – I love the Ivy League, and I love smart players in the secondary. Swann is a kid I fell in love with early in this process. The Arizona native is 6000 and a shutdown cornerback. He will be a stud at the next level and I think he can make a 53 outright.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- What’s next for the Cowboys after hitting rock bottom? ift.tt/3efEPFV
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jacob Cameron, LT, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jacob-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nate LaJoie, DL, Michigan Tech University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/nate-l…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Exercise for Football Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/exerci… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gs7eAIyoYk
about 1 hour ago
- Splash’s Week 8 Predictions ift.tt/3eaISmX
about 1 hour ago