- Nico Lautanen
- Bowling Green State University
- Hometown: Mentor, OH
- Twitter: @nico_laut54
- GP: 12
- GS: 3
- Total Tackles: 22
- TFL: 1.5
- Sacks: 1.5
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
As an athlete, I have multiple motivations. I have had a lot of people say that I am not deserving to be of where I’m at. That drives me daily. Also, one of my main motivations is most definitely my family. The amount that they have done for me and giving me constant support can’t be put into words. It has always been a dream of mine to be able to repay everything that they’ve done for me.
What defines success for you?
My definition of success is setting specific goals and being able to attain them through hard work, perseverance, and determination. Above all else just being able to achieve desired aims.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
I think that my teammates would consider me as a guy that will always have their back through any situation and know that they can always come to me with anything they are dealing with. I also think that they would consider me to be a teammate that works extremely hard and a great leader.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
One rule I have is that no matter what you’re going through to always treat others how you would like to be treated. I also was raised on whenever I start something, I always finish it and never quit.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
Pat Elflein and Billy Price.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
My best friend Scotty Miller, Tampa Bay Bucs WR.
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
Cleveland Browns because they are my hometown team.
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
I take every failure as a great teacher and experience. When things aren’t going your way, it takes a real man to become even more motivated when you fail.
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
I would tell myself to not take that rep, practice, game, community service opportunity for granted because time flies by.
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
LeBron James because as an Ohio native myself, it has been amazing to see his impact on the world outside of basketball.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered as the guy that would come in and always work hard and influence others with great positivity all while being a great football player.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
I am going to come in and work extremely hard while being a truly high character individual.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Karl Mofor, RB, University of Albany nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/karl-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Caleb Johnson, LB, Houston Baptist - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/caleb-… @caleb2raw… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Marvin Terry, LB, Delta State - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/marvin… @MarvinTerry7… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darien Reynolds, LB, Gardner-Webb - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/darien… @Only1Reynolds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Caleb Johnson, LB, Houston Baptist nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/caleb-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/hTMZdWrknm
about 52 mins ago