- Name: John Hadac
- Height: 6’ 3”
- Weight: 240lbs
- Position: Defensive End
- College: Ithaca College
- Twitter: @hadacj
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Greene, New York a small country town with not much to do. What I love most about being home is being around my family and training with my brother, Isaac who pushes me every day to be the best I can.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice: you practice how you play, so every chance you have to utilize your skills and to develop as a player is the most important to me.
- Film Study: in order to practice well during game weeks, studying your opponent is just as important as practicing. On my days off, I can still work to beat my opponent by utilizing film.
- Strength and Conditioning: although a personal favorite hobby of mine, strength does not always account for ability to perform and lead a team on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Currently, I am worried about my future and what it has to hold due to its unknowing nature. Being a senior in college, I am one semester away from graduating and football is coming to an end soon. Although worried, just taking it day by day is what’s important and not letting it affect me or my performance on or off the field.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Of the numerous times failing at things in life such as tests, missed plays, or times where I’m not being myself and failing those around me, I have always reacted similarly, and that is by not letting it happen again. Working on bettering yourself as a person and learning from your mistakes are important, but without these mistakes, you wouldn’t be the person you are today.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leading by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Chris Neu, RPI’s offensive tackle in the 2018 season.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A physician (pre-med student)
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Start with the room, then move to the desk, then to the car. Simply making my bed makes me feel a little more organized so after that’s done, I can take it from there.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to save my one family member because once they are gone, you can’t get them back.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Thomas Shelby from Peaky Blinders because of his boss mentality.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I’ve dealt with losses of very close family members in my life which has been where adversity has had the largest impact on me. I overcame these situations by relying on my family to get through it. Being able to give and receive support from them is how I was able to deal with it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• During a final presentation, I had presented my incomplete draft PowerPoint on accident which only had 2 out of the 20 slides completed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first collegiate interception against Alfred University.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wit It – Gunna
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My calmness and focus are traits that would help me succeed at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Tom, my stepfather. The knowledge he had about life and love he gave to the family was something I miss tremendously.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Chill Vibes
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Brandon Graham
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because anyone can be liked. In order to be respected, you have to call people out who aren’t working to their full potential, which may result in them not liking you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice. It goes to show you that one mistake can cost you a lifetime of hard work.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has had the largest impact on my life. She is one of the hardest workers I know and has always motivated me in every aspect of my life. She has always sacrificed for my brother and I and I can’t thank her enough for everything she’s done.