- Name: Jarey Elder
- Height: 5110
- Weight: 195
- Position: SS/FS
- College: West Chester University
- Twitter: @JareyElder21
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• The thing I love most about my hometown is that almost all the athletes show love and support. There isn’t a lot of hate we all want to see each other reach their goals.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength conditioning is first, film study second, and practice third. I put these in this order because you have to be in great shape to go out on the field and be able to execute. Then film study second because you need to know what the opponent strengths and weaknesses are. Practice I have last not that it is any less important, but if you train and watch film all off season so when you come into practice you hit the ground running.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about making my family proud. Family means a lot to me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I was a freshman in high school a college coach came in and said if I dunked a basketball right then and there he would offer me. I miss the dunk. Since then I haven’t missed a call out dunk. I am an extremely competitive person so missing the dunk I was more upset with myself than the scholarship offer.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say I am a smart football player and always know where to be.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I do not remember their names, but two slippery rock WRs my redshirt sophomore year.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I love the game so much and I always have. When I am eventually done playing football I will start my coaching career.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because I feel like you have to get your home spaces straight first before you fix anything else. Next I would say your desk. I say this because your desk is in a public space and this is how you will be viewed to your peers. Lastly I would say the car. You typical do no spend much time in your car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family. Family is not replaceable.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Hotch from Criminal Minds. I say this because he is the leader of his crew and he keeps the team calm and always knows how to get the job done.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• See my mother battle Breast Cancer was tough. I was young, but to see someone you hold as a superhero struggling was tough. My family coming together and sticking by her side and being strong made it easier for me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was my last year of little league football in practice. I was in the huddle as a wild cat qb for the first time. I said the cadence instead of calling the play.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my college career was my game winning INT vs. Shippensburg my Junior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hustle and motivate by Nipsey Hussle.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My work ethic is what will help me succeed at the next level. I have never been satisfied and never will be.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandmother Pearl back. She passed before I was born and I never got to meet her so I would just like what day to get to know her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name a club The Boogie down.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Eric Weddle because he is 34 years old and is still producing.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked. Not everybody is going to like you and if that is what you worried about than your focus is off. Im not sure.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have been the biggest influence in my life. They had two kids by the age of 21 and 20.They never went to college. They did what they had to, to insure their kids health and happiness. 8 years later they had my 3rd brother and 3 years later me. We didn’t always have it, but they kept us together as a family and taught us what love is and for that I am forever grateful.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Four NFL Head Coaching candidates that should have been hired, but are still waiting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- MVP chants Crank them Up Bills fans
about 1 hour ago
- That was huge twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Let’s Go Weber State!!!!! Put em on the map Taron Johnson
about 2 hours ago