- Name: Drew Daniel
- Height: 5’9
- College: Wagner College
- Twitter: @drew_thebear
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Rockaway, New Jersey. What I love most about my hometown is the environment and the close knit community we have I had many individuals pushing me to be the best version of myself I can be and instilled that Jersey toughness in me.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First, Film Study I think many people over look the importance of breaking down film of your opponents. Everyone has tendencies especially in everyday life itself. If you can master the art of film the game will become that much easier.
Practice would then follow second it is imperative that you can take what you learned mentally and now apply it altogether physically on the field.
Third, Strength and Conditioning just because this is ranked last does not mean it does not play a crucial part to success for a football player. This is what creates a foundation and can enhance your athletic ability. You have to be able quickly translates all the explosive plyometric workouts to the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• What I worry about on a daily basis is not reaching my maximum potential in life. Leaving things on the table when I had just that little more left in me. No matter what it is I do in life I feel that I have to exceed every expectation that is presented.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time when I failed was when I wasn’t exactly the person I once was when adversity had hit me. My attitude had changed and viewed things in a negative way. I realized that feeling bad for myself wasn’t gonna do me justice. I had to bow my back, get to work and get back in the right mindset as Coach smith would say.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Character just the type of person that I am always having a smile on my face and staying positive.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Juston Christian from Marist College he has every receiving record possible there.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Definitely Law enforcement I feel it’s best to help others
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room everything starts with making your bed, Desk,Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member there’s is nothing like family once they are gone you can’t get them back
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington any role he takes on he dominates.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I faced was tearing my ACL it put me in a bad place physically,mentally,and emotionally. “A lost ain’t a lost it’s a lesson appreciate the lost it’s a blessing” My injury gave me the ability to be persistent and consistent in life no matter what the situation or circumstance is you just have to keep fighting and persevere.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One time I was giving a presentation and completely forgot what I was talking about.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first college career interception against Bucknell University
What song best describes your work ethic?
• WIN Jay Rock
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Knowledge, having a true understanding of the game will exceed my game like no other.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I had the opportunity to bring someone back for a day it would be Jesus. I feel that this will allow me to have a better understanding of life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Christian McCaffrey
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected I feel that if people like you they will try and take advantage of you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice it goes to show how one action can change the course of your life forever.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win there is no better feeling it’s contagious
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother growing up seeing how hard she worked sacrificing her life for my brother and I means a lot. All I can do is work and pray hoping I can do for her what she has done for us.