• Name: Dante OGburn
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 300
• Position: Guard/Center
• College: Lane College
• Twitter: Ogburn_63
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Virginia Beach, Virginia it is a nice city with a lot to do if you ever visit it’s. What I most love about it is my family lives there and that’s honestly the only reason I go back home when I get the chance.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and Conditioning is number one to me because you have to be physically able to perform or do what’s asked of you. Being in shape is can always help you get through the wear and tear of the game and season.
2. Film study is second in order to know your opponent you must know there tendencies and how they like to play. I believe film study helps you know what defensive fronts they like to lineup in, when they like to blitz, when they like to run stunt, and coverages they play in or long downs. Film eliminates half the battle of the game and prepares you on what’s going to happen in the game.
3. Practice is third on my list which is not a bad thing. Practice prepares you for the game and preparation is the hardest part I think but it makes the game much easier.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I tend no to try and worry about anything, but when I do I worry about how I’m going to retire my mom most importantly and take care of myself long term.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During my time in Juco in California I wanted to go division 1 so bad and when I didn’t achieve that at first I felt as if I failed and the move was for nothing. My whole goal when moving to California was to get a division 1 big time offer but it didn’t happen. During the end of my sophomore season I knew it wasn’t going to happen but then a ton of division 2 offers came in and I was able to obtain a offer from Lane College. It was a big achievement for me because I was always doubted and was always told football wasn’t for me and I should pursue a 9-5 job. So when that offer came I was so thankful God blessed me with a opportunity to play football and continue my education.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Majority of my teammates would say my best quality is being genuine and real. Football wise would be my versatility being able to play all 5 positions on the line.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against was my teammate DJ Dexter Collins. He made me so much better as a center going against him every day in practice.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I wasn’t playing football I would pursue a career in being a veterinarian or a sports casting job.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I always clean my room first before anything because i love coming home to a organized room after a long day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• That’s tough!! but I would end up saving my family member first. It’s only right and fair to my family member to be helped before the strangers. Any of my family members know I would give them my last before myself.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman because he has no powers but uses his intelligence and human strength to defeat his enemies. He tends to care for others and helping them with there problems and saving the city instead of looking out for himself. Many times in my life I tend to do that and which makes me relate to his character.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life was moving to California with limited funds and trying to make a dream become a reality. I was able to have great friends to help me find a job and a place to stay until I was able to fully get on my feet to get my own spot. I struggled at first but over time I overcame those and was able to stand on my own.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would be when I was in middle school I had slept with gum in my mouth and the next morning it was stuck in back of my head. So my mom had to use scissors to cut it out and left a huge patch in back of my head and all the kids cooked me for it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable moment play of my college career was when the play before I got called for a false start on 4 and 1 which caused us to get backed up 5 yards. So the next play we had no choice but to go for it and we called the protection my side which left me one on with my defender. No one was open so the Qb scrambled and made 3 defenders miss and he got stuck at the goal line and I ran about 15 yards to knock him in the end zone to tie the game up in the 4th quarter.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Am I gone make it Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I would say my will and determination will help me succeed at next level most importantly.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• That’s a easy question I would bring back my Grandmother back no question. When my Grandma died it took a tole on my whole family and crushed all of us. I would bring her back and have the time of my life just talking to her and just being around her love. I would give anything to have her back and just to be in her presence.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• My club would be called Tizzy Tae’s
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is Tim Patrick wide receiver from Broncos
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected more then anything because respect goes along way. People tend to gravitate to people who others respect by work ethic and being accountable. People may like you but don’t respect you at the same time.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick I feel for the most because by him taking a stand really changed the narrative of his football play. I think what if he never took a stand would he still be playing in the NFL.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing more then anything because I know how hard I work to win and study my opponents. Every time I do something I want to win, it doesn’t matter what it is I just want to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I would have to say the biggest influence in my life would be my sister. I would say my sister because growing up I considered her my second mom when my mom was out to sea or working a long shift. Bianca always took care of me either when it came to food, homework, waking me up for school, and just making sure I was always good. I’ve seen my sister go through so many things and never heard her complain once, she just always went with with the punches and kept grinding for what she wanted in life. I always admired that about my sister and just tried to be like her in life and it has helped my to mature in life.