- Name: Chris Blair
- Height: 6’2
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Alcorn State University
- Twitter: @_got11reasons
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Louisville, Mississippi. The thing that I love about my town is that we get it out of the mud . We work for what we have . We’re often overlooked but that’s what drives us to be great.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study is first for me because I feel like you have to know your opponent. Practice is second because practice makes perfect and it helps you to perfect your craft . Strength and conditioning is last because i know that I am not t he strongest or the fastest but my work ethic speaks for itself.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I really don’t worry about a lot . I used to worry about what my future would hold, but God has a plan for me. I just pray and don’t worry and let his plans unfold.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Last season I feel like I failed to live up to my expectations. I reacted by spending more time in the weight room, catching more footballs, and critiquing myself on the things that I needed to fix.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They feel that I do a great job of leading by example. I don’t talk a lot but I try to lead by showing my teammates the way to success . We help each other .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against in college was Savion Smith . We played against each other while I was a sophomore at Hinds Community College. He was an incoming transfer from LSU at the time.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a coach. I enjoy helping others better their skills in football .
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room is the first thing that I clean because I can’t stand a junky room. Then I’ll clean out my car because I’m in my room more than my car. Lastly I’d clean out my desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d save my family. I am a family man. Nothing against the strangers but I’d most definitely save my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would rather be Superman because of his powers .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Out of junior college, some of the schools that offered me scholarships took their offers away from me. I wasn’t in any trouble or anything but they wanted to take a different route . I was worried about would I still be able to play football on the next level. I worked and prayed everyday and Alcorn State gave me the opportunity of a lifetime. It’s not an SEC school which is where I dreamed of playing but I’ve enjoyed every minute here and they’ve treated me like family.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I dropped a wide open fade ball against Noxubee County my senior year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play had to be the 71 yard touchdown against Savannah State. It was a momentum changer and the crowd went crazy .
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Shine by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I feel that aggression is a key aspect. In this game on the field, your opponent is not your friend. They’re out to get you and you should be out to get them.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back both of my grandfathers because they were an inspiration to me . To see how they worked for our family was priceless and I definitely try to dedicate everything successful thing that I do to them.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Devante Adams because I feel that he is a top tier receiver for the Packers and he’s constantly made plays but nobody gives him the credit that he deserves.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected. People can claim that they like you but still disrespect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick because he was only standing up for certain rights. He didn’t harm nobody.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. I hate thinking if I would have done this or that we would have won the game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents are my biggest influence. They make sure that me and my brothers have everything that we need before they think about taking care of themselves. I love them and wouldn’t trade them for nothing in the world.