- Name: Cameron Lawson
- Height: 6030
- Weight: 285
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- College: Queen’s University
- Instagram: @CameronLawson92
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Brampton Ontario and I love the diversity in my city as it helped to shape the person I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and Conditioning – you need to be physically fit and meet the baseline strength requirements before you can even step on a field or you will end up injuring yourself.
- Practice – you can develop your positional skills and learn the systems in place as well as execute the game plan you went over in film against the scout team.
- Film – allows you to analyze the other team’s strengths and weaknesses as well as the individuals you will be going up against during the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I tend to worry about what the future holds for me because its an unknown you can’t experience until it happens even if you’re already putting in the effort.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to live up to people’s expectations of me in my first year of Queen’s football. I thought about what I wanted to do with my football career and the player I wanted to be and decided to stay the summer in Kingston where my University is located and follow a strict training regimen and diet plan so I could take the next step.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is reliability. They know I will always be there for them no matter what when they need me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have played against in college would probably have to be the QB from Calgary Adam Sinagra. He is an extremely talented player and tore up our defense when I played against him in the East-West Bowl.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I would pursue a career as a veterinarian.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk first because that is where I do all my schoolwork and manage my finances.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because I can’t imagine what I’d do if I didn’t save my mom, dad, or sister when I had the opportunity.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the terminator because he is an absolute badass and I would love to go against the grain and be a villain.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life would be my anxiety. I have had GAD ever since I was a kid and it has always affected my life at every point. Through the support of my family and by learning ways to control it I have been able to keep it to a comfortable level where I don’t have to worry about it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would have to be my first kiss. I completely missed the girl’s mouth and ended up kissing her chin.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would be the last one where I got to stand on the field with the guys in my class I came to Queen’s with and run one last play with them.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Burning Heart – Survivor
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Relentless work ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandfather back so my dad could see him one last time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Alehouse (after the club I work at currently)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Ryan Kerrigan (the guy should be a hall of famer, but he gets no recognition)
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Dominic Ciraco who plays for Queen’s as well. He came into Queen’s with me in the same class and got off to a great start but one of his closest friends passed away in 3rd year and it really took a toll on him. Ever since it happened, he hasn’t been the same kind of player.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life would have to be a tie between my mom and dad. It’s too hard to choose between them but they both have always been there to support me every step of my career and they always push me to keep getting better.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Utah High School football star one of three people arrested for brutally beating a man with wooden blocks and a pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gianni D’Arienzo, DB, William Jewell College… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for June 18, 2021 | Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/willia… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/willia…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...