- Zach Glisan
- Western Illinois University
- Hometown: Abingdon, IL
- Twitter: @ZGlisan23
- GP: 11
- Total Tackles: 83
- TFL: 4.5
- FR: 1
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
My motivation is giving my all for those that surround me. God, family, friends, teammates, and coaches. Also, your sports playing career only lasts so long, so you need to maximize your opportunities to the fullest.
What defines success for you?
Success to me is doing everything in your power to be the best that you can be in whatever you do and in the process of doing so, being happy along the journey.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
I am a team player that would do anything for all my teammates. I want to see them succeed just as much as I want to see myself succeed.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
- When in doubt, do more. If I’m unsure of what rep I’m on in the weight room, I always do more.
- I pray a lot, but I always pray before games.
- My loyalty and commitment to others.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
James Robinson, RB Illinois State.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
Offense, Aaron Rodgers; defense, Khalil Mack.
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
Chicago Bears. I have always loved the Bears ever since I was a kid.
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
I just look at the big picture and tell myself that there are good times ahead. You just have to keep your head up and stay positive.
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
I enjoy watching Luke Kuechly play. His ability to excel in pass coverage as well as the run game is something that I strive to do. He also plays with great effort and can chase down ball carriers sideline-to-sideline.
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
I would tell myself what it takes to prepare and recover. To be able to play the best to your abilities, it takes a lot of preparation through practice reps and understanding how to analyze film. Also, recovering your body and fueling the right way is essential for peak performance.
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
Chick’s on the Square.
If your life was a book, what would its title be?
“The Small Town Dream.”
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
Michael Jordan. He is one of the greatest athletes of all time and I would love to hear his stories, experiences, and insight/advice with sports and life.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered as a great family man/friend, and was highly successful in my career field.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
I have a strong work ethic and I’m a team player that wants to win.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:UIW spoils McNeese State’s Return nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/mcnees… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/hWw4EYXox2
about 52 mins ago
- NFLHeads 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Peter Kozushka, LT, University of Alberta nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/peter-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFLHeads High School Prospect Interview: Jeremiah Horn, SS, James Madison High School nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landen Akers, WR, Iowa State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/landen… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Antonio Nunn, WR, University at Buffalo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/antoni… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago