- Name: Romario McKenzie
- Height: 6025
- Weight: 186lbs
- Position: FG Kicker
- College: Central State University
- Twitter: @robinm876
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Kingston, Jamaica. The food and culture of the island is second to none
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength & Conditioning, Film Study, Practice.
A player has to first be in shape to perform required assignments, prevent injury and most importantly be available to play & at a high level, Film comes before practice as the team/players need to know what areas to place emphasis on as well as knowing their opponent and practicing accordingly.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Tbh I am not much of a worrier I tend not to dwell on stuff
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My sophomore year in high school I failed to make the track team and was devastated. The following year I made the necessary adjustments and worked harder than I have ever had which ended up in me being selected not only as a team member but captain as well.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• The ability to make it happen
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Track & Field Athlete
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member , I am somewhat sure of the person I’m saving. I would be even more devastated to know I saved a serial killer for eg as opposed to family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Batman, Batman is somewhat the only superhero with no actual mythical powers but actually makes it happen with hard work and diligence. Sorta like hard work beating talent .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Growing up I stayed in the shadows of my older brother who was a World Youth Track champion multiple high school record holder so my time in high school consisted of trying to find my identity thinking I had to live up to his achievements as that was the pressure presented. It was in me not achieving as much as he did in high school but rather after that made me realize to never take on anyone’s journey but your own regardless of family pressure .
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting boo’d after winning my first high school race because I was show boating but tbh I was actually surprised I was ahead by that far because I was used to losing
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Spire D2 challenge leading my team from 5th to 1st in 4x400m
What song best describes your work ethic?
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A healthy mind. With a sound mindset possibilities are endless, “Train the mind, the body will follow”
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather who passed last year just to atleast see me defy the odds and so I could atleast say goodbye. I was working out and missed the call from Jamaica when they were about to pull the plug.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jhump Dance Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kickers are the most underrated players in the NFL period.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because eventually people will grow to like you if they respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown, The fact he is at times misunderstood but at the same time put hisself in positions to be misunderstood as opposed to just sometimes taking the high road and just ball out. Critics aren’t as loud when your putting up numbers or atleast it won’t have the same effect .
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Put it this way, I hate to lose more than how my opponents love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My older brother, witnessing first hand someone achieve certain feats is different from hearing about it. The mind set and drive to win regardless of who or what obstacle became infectious early in my life and when I started to implore some of the tactics and life lessons learn from him it took me to a different level on a whole .
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFLHeads 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Peter Kozushka, LT, University of Alberta nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/peter-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- NFLHeads High School Prospect Interview: Jeremiah Horn, SS, James Madison High School nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landen Akers, WR, Iowa State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/landen… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Antonio Nunn, WR, University at Buffalo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/antoni… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Galatians 6:3
For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
about 2 hours ago