The Miami Dolphins are doing it right, they are setting themselves up right now with draft picks to hopefully land as many young and quality players as possible. With the Redskins firing Jay Gruden, the Redskins have to follow suit. The best thing the team can do at this point is have a fire sale. Start putting everyone up for sale and see what you can get in return for them.
I wanted to look at their roster and come up with a group of players I could see getting dealt. The Redskins can land a few solid draft picks if they make the right players available. Let’s look at a few guys and guess what they can get back in exchange for them.
Trent Williams – OT – The guy does not want to be in DC, and let’s face it he could easily be one of the best top five players in the NFL at his position. I could easily see a team giving up a late first to an early second and maybe a late round pick to land him. The Redskins should move him right now, as they have not used him once this season.
Josh Norman – CB – Yes, Norman is getting paid a lot and his contract may not let you get a lot back in return for him, but the kid is a solid player. He has slipped a little bit but he may just need a change of scenery. I know he is a little older now, and with a big contract, but I am sure a team would be willing to give you at least a 4th round pick to land him. That would clear up space and get you an additional asset for the future.
Jordan Reed – TE – The kid is suffering badly from concussions and I could see the Redskins trading him if they can find a suitor. If I was a GM I would take a flier on the guy. It just depends on how much they want in return. The Redskins may only get a 5th -7th round pick for him, but they would clear up almost 10 million in space.
Adrian Peterson – RB – Yes, AP is old, but so is Frank Gore and he is having a pretty productive year. Peterson was not being used correctly and he could be had for likely a late round pick. I would have to send a pick their way because he is one of my favorite backs to ever play the game.
Alex Smith – QB – I am not sure how healthy Smith is, but he would be a guy I would be sending to a team. I am not sure like I said how healthy he is, but when he is healthy he would be getting shipped. I would take any pick I could get for him just to clear up more space.
You see the key here? Get draft picks and create space, for the next head coach to splurge and hopefully hit on. The Dolphins are doing it, why can’t the Redskins?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: De’Andre Washington, TE, Arkansas-Monticello nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/deandr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Liberty DB Tayvion Land transfers to HBCU after school school President’s insensitive tweet nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/hbcu-6/… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- You could see some major football conferences shut down football this week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/footba… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Fordham cancels game in Hawaii on September 12 due to COVID-19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/fordha… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/l5wcT0AO0U
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Karl Mofor, RB, University of Albany nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/karl-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago