- Name: Michael Daniel
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 230
- Position: FB/RB
- College: South Dakota State University
- Twitter: @mikeydaniel2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I actually go to College in my hometown, which is Brookings, South Dakota. Having the opportunity to continue to play at home throughout college has been a complete blessing! All of the fans are amazing and they truly love their Jackrabbits!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice. I listed it this way because I believe to be the best you have to be physically fit, followed by that film study is the second most important it is critical to know and understand how an opponent plays in order to know what to practice and how to practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t like to worry about much. Just make sure I know and can execute the game plan to the best of my abilities!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Coming out of High School I walked on to SDSU which I considered a failure for not earning a scholarship. However when I got on campus I got right to work and was able to play and earn a scholarship as a redshirt freshman.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my unselfishness and my willingness to do whatever I can to make this team the best it can be.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have ever played against is probably Khalen Saunders who now plays for the Kansas City Chiefs.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• After football is all said and done I plan on taking the LSAT and going to Law School.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, Desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, my loyalty runs deep. Obviously would be hard letting 3 people die but my family has made me who I am today and without them I wouldn’t be in this position!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would without a doubt be Will Smith, he has had such an impact on so many people and the way he is able to fit every part so well is incredible.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I have had in my life was being a walk-on and coming into college 8thon the depth chart. Everyone overlooked me and I had to do everything possible to prove I was capable of playing division 1 football. I dealt with it by coming everyday and just working. In the weight room, classroom etc. I never wanted to be outworked and I pride myself on the weight room.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was probably my sophomore of high school I had a break away and went for a dunk, it hit the back of the rim and went flying. I got benched after that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my career was in 2018 playoffs we were playing at home in a blizzard against Duquesne I ran an outside zone and hurdled a defender on my way to a touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dream by YNF Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait is my head, I am a very savvy football player and I am able to learn and pick things up pretty quickly
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• The one person I would bring back from the dead is my grandmother, she passed away from breast cancer my freshman year of college and I just want her to know how much she inspired me to never give up. She fought the cancer three different times and I know it was far from easy. Every time I score a touchdown I point to her in the sky, that’s how big of an impact she’s had on me…
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• 1 Luv, I don’t know why I just like that saying.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player is CJ Ham, the things he does for his team is remarkable.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected without a doubt, no matter what there will always be people that don’t like you however to me respect is the most important.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, he clearly has some deeper issues and without all the drugs and issues he would have been one of the best to ever play.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing, nothing makes me more madthen when I lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influence on my life has been my mother Tiffany, we didn’t always have it easy but somehow some way she was always able to hold it down for my family. She is a true inspiration, she use to work two jobs at one point. My mother is incredible and she inspires me and believes in me more than anybody else.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Breaking: Saints are working out LS Andrew DePaola nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/andrew… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6CusRf7O26
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 21, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:What does the Denver Broncos partnership with FanDuel mean for the rest of the teams?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Should the Heat Bring Back Josh Richardson? ift.tt/31rDkzq
about 58 mins ago
- ICYMI:The BEST QB You’ve Never Heard Of| NDSU QB Trey Lance Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/trey-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gaSLbgZT2y
about 1 hour ago