- Name: Mercardo Anderson
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Henderson State University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Ashdown , Ar a small town south of Arkansas where sports plays a huge part of everyone’s life. Lots of family and love from all over the town. In my spare time I love to fish and workout , also hangout with friends and family
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning , Film and practice The reason why is because I’m a huge fan of weight lifting and it plays a huge role in the position I play. Film secondly because it’s important to evaluate your opponents every move on the field. Practice also is important because I’m a firm believer of taking it from the practice field to the game field
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future only because I actually want to be successful one day and to show others that dreams really can be achieved
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember being in high school my sophomore year playing cornerback and not receiving any playing time during the games. The way I reacted at first was feeling like it was supposed to be handed to me but soon after that I found out the hard way that if you want anything in life you must work for it. The summer going into my Junior year I trained late nights and early mornings with my cousin and uncle to put myself ahead of the pack so this wouldn’t happen to me again. I soon earned myself a starting job at safety where I received All-Conference honors
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates will strongly agreed my best quality is being a blue collar guy who feels as though the only way you will earn something in life is by hard work and being able to stay consistent on being a hard worker.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college? Tanner Hudson who is currently a Tight End at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Who also played for Southern Arkansas University
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I believe I would have to be a personal trainer only because I will be able to be around the sport of football and also being a huge role of behind the scenes where the dirty work is being put in where it really counts the most
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room , car , desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Growing up my mother was huge in giving back to others who were less fortunate , she always taught me that it’s someone with a situation way worse than yours. So I feel as though me choosing three strangers would make my family smile only because they see what they instilled in me is being used to help other, which is important to them the most
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The joker , I’m a huge joker fan and I believe that everyone wants to be the hero but doesn’t actually see why the Villian is the way he is as though he is misunderstood of some sort. He is so creative at getting his enemies to fall into his trap and how he plays mind games with them to get what he wants
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Coming out of high school I had zero offers and zero schools who were interested in me and the way I overcame this was by just working hard to prove myself and to others that I was worthy enough of playing football at the next level. That will forever be my motto just working hard no matter the situation
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Attending prom my junior year and getting out of the car and realizing I had rubbed up against the side of the car so I had black stuff going down the side of my pants. I then had to go the rest of the night without taking any pictures only because I didn’t want the stain to be seen on pictures
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My freshman year in 2015 at Henderson State winning a conference ring. So much work was put into that season way before it started and seeing all that work being earned back into a ring form was a great feeling
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Till I Collapse
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Just having a strong support system from my family , because they were the ones who seen it way before it ever happened so having them would play a huge role in my life at the next level. It always made me push a bit harder when I seen I had someone who wanted me to be successful as well
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
My homeboy Desmond , he was shot and killed in a drive by shooting and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him. The day of his death he told me I would soon be on tv playing the game I love the most. He had so much faith in me and to bring him back and show him my accomplishments I know would make his day. It sure would make mines only because he seen me when I first started this journey off of pursuing my dreams
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Boom Boom Room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Stephon Gilmore
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected , even if someone does not like me they will have enough respect in what I do. Respect gets you along ways because it shows people you don’t think you are above anyone and that everything you’ve received was earned
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown I know the feeling of being hated and over looked I feel his pain even though something he did wasn’t right I just feel as though everyone has to walk a mile in his shoes and actually see what he really went through to feel the way he is feeling.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose! I hate to lose only because I put so much into winning. I try and put myself in the worse cases during practice to make sure I will be able to overcome them in games so nothing will hinder me and my team from winning
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My sister and My mother those women are such hard working women who have not only got on to me when I have done wrong but have helped me create my own path to become successful. They have taught me so much about having each other’s back and also how to love during tough situations. The most important thing is support no matter how far I may play on Saturdays those women find a way to get to the games and root for me in the stands and that’s why I love them and cherish every moment with them. My mother and sister will forever be apart of me because it gives me the extra drive to know that I’m doing this for someone who also cares as much as I do.