- Name: Matthew Wilkerson
- Height: 6060
- Position: TE/DE
- College: Edward Waters College
- Twitter: @Matthew71116039
Tell us about your hometown, and t you love most about it?
- I grew up in the small town of Citra Fl where I’m surrounded by my family and friends who I love dearly. My family and friends our my support system without them I don’t know where I will be today. What I love the most about my home town is hunting animals and going mudding spending time with my love ones.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study so important to me because allow me to learn from my mistakes and get better. Also watch film on the teams we play and look for bad tendencies in the defense and who guarding me. Also look for bad tendencies on offense line to see if the the tackle or the guards give away the play when I go play defense end.Football more mental than physical so if you prepare yourself great make the game a lot easier.
- Strength and conditioning important physical demanding sport and strength and conditioning is important. However, I believe if you’re mentally ready for your opponent in every aspect to outlast your opponent when game get to the 4 quarter when everyone tired. allows me to showcase and rep the things I’ve learned from watching film. While doing this, I’m perfecting my craft and learning on the field Also believe in my coaches what they teach me.
What do you worry about and why?
- I don’t worry about anything because I put my put my faith in GOD.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Natural born leader
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Ladarius Skelton
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Coaching football and driving truck across the states
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room because that where I sleep at
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My family’s members because I love them
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Dwayne Johnson he a hard worker and leader and Survivor
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Losing my best friend we grew up from kid
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I was on a date with a girl and my card declined
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Getting my first college touchdown
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Young Jeezy put on for my city
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Ability’s run fast and strong and quick learner
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My cousin Dwayne Thomas I would love to play with him again and clown on the field
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Showtime dance
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Lerentee Mccary my big brother
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Rather be respected nothing given in life it earn
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Sean Taylor lost his life trying to protect his family
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose because I feel there was always something that I could do better to help my team. Always think about what if‘s or what could I have done to contribute more.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother raise so many boys and other cousins kid and taking care us without no help and paying all the bills