- Name: Matt McDonald
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 190
- Position: RB/KR
- College: Upper Iowa University
- Twitter: @MattMcDonald__
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Kansas City, Kansas what I love most about my hometown is the everyday life and culture there. We aren’t a small city per day but not a recognized big one either and most of us carry ourselves like the biggest kept secret. It’s a slept on city with slept on people
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, Film Study, Practice..it’s in this order because you need to be physically and mentally capable in the game of football to be affective. Getting the body ready to be explosive and responsive and taking mental reps so you can recognize and game plan your opponent are two major factors. Practice is bringing these two together.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry the most about being a failure in life. Not being able to succeed and lead a successful and comfortable life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My first time failing at something was when I was a young kid I failed a test and it upset in a major way. I figured out that failures are lessons so I took that lesson and came back stronger and better and more prepared.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates believe speed is my biggest quality on the field
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve ever played against was Alvin Kamara and the best player I’ve played with is Tyreek Hill
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would try and be an entrepreneur
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first since that’s the place I start and finish my days usually.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• That would depend on the situation and which family member it is. But I would probably say my family because it’s the most sacred thing to me and it’d be hard to live with the decision not to save them over strangers in which I hold no emotional attachment to.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Black Panther because he’s the richest of all the characters while also being a king and leader of the most advanced civilization on earth.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• One of my biggest adversities in life was when I tore my ACL in high school. It changed me because it got me to work hard for the first time and introduced me to the importance of the weight room. But in general I understood the importance of hard work and to never take anything for granted.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment might be farting real loud in class during a test. I tried to hold it in but it just slipped out extra loud.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would be scoring a 60+ yard TD run as a true freshman starting in my very first collegiate game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song that best describes my work ethic would be “Got Me Thru” by Big KRIT
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think “IQ” is the most important because depending on physical traits can fail you because there’s always someone bigger, stronger, faster than you. But having the IQ to know how to out perform those who have better physical traits goes a long way. Play recognition and knowing where to be is extremely important in football and there plenty of physical freaks who can’t perform well because they lack IQ
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Muhammad Ali because I would want to see his opinions on modern day society and the landscape of boxing as it is.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name my dance club “The Spot”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated is Russell Wilson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected then liked. With respect comes cautiousness to not offend you. There’s a level of respect for your privacy and space and time. There’s a certain level of fear thy comes with respect that doesn’t come with love or being well liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he showed the ability to be the best WR in the league but just can’t seem to stay focus and kick his habits to the side.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing more then I love winning honestly.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have the biggest influence because I trust them the most and look to them for guidance and they’re my role models.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Allen Lazard injury update, How long could he miss? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/allen-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Calvin Ridley injury update, How bad is the star WR’s foot injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors Podcast: Week 8 injury updates talking about Wide Receivers in the NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Y’all sleeping but Kristian Wilkerson and Mason Kinsey are dogs. twitter.com/benvolin/statu…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors Podcast: Week 8 injury updates talking about Running Backs in the NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago