- Name: Jeff Cotton Jr.
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 205
- Position: WR
- College: University of Idaho
- Twitter: @jnyce81
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona and lived the first twenty years of my life there. I did not move out of the state until I transferred to the University of Idaho to attend school. What I love most about my hometown is the feeling I always get when I go back. It is where I was born and raised and I went through plenty of trials and tribulations during my time there, so it always feels good to just drive around and think back on old times. I also like the underdog mentality that comes with being from Tucson, Arizona. A lot of people over look Tucson talent, and it just makes you want to prove doubters wrong and work even harder to be the best and earn others respect.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say Strength and Conditioning comes first because without that it would be hard for anyone to compete at a high level in practice or a game. What comes second is Film Study because I think even if you do not practice a few days throughout the week, but get the right amount of film study in during meetings and on your own, you will be properly prepared when it is game day. I hate to put Practice last and if I could have a tie between practice and film study I would put them both at number two. However, in my list I put practice last but this is where you perfect your craft and practice good habits each and every day.
What do you worry about, and why?
• One thing I worry about is my dreams of playing football at the highest level not coming true. I fear not becoming the man/player who I have worked so hard to be and that is why I work so hard every chance I get whether it be in the classroom, weight room, film room or the football field.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Last spring semester I had received poor grades on a few assignments for an online class that I thought I prepared well for and did well on. When I saw the grades I made it my goal to meet with my professor a few times a week and read a little more to make sure I understood the material fully. The next assignment I did I got earned a much better grade and the extra studying and meeting with my professor paid off.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my work ethic. I want to be known as the hardest worker and the guy that goes hard each and every rep, so whenever I am in the weight room or on the field I give it all I’ve got.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Keisean Nixon, Arizona Western CC.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Social worker or Track and Field Athlete.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my one family member, because I know who they are and I know what they mean to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Michael Scofield from the show Prison Break. He is one of the smartest guys in a TV show I have ever seen and just when you think he has failed or ran into some trouble he finds a way out of the trouble or thinks of another plan.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity came after my sophomore year at junior college. Due to not being able to get into some classes, my graduation date kept getting pushed back. Months went by of not getting phone calls from schools and I had no idea the next place where I would play football. I overcame the adversity by controlling what I could control and that was finishing up my classes and doing the best I could, and making sure I was working out in the weight room and on the field, so when a school called I was ready to go.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting seventh place in the 100 meter dash at state my senior year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• One handed catch and game winning touchdown against North Dakota.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle, Grinding All My Life.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Never getting complacent and making sure you take care of your priorities first before you do anything else.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother who passed away while I was young, just so I could talk to her now and have a real conversation now that I am grown.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marvin Jones Jr.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I could care less if someone likes me or not, but if they respect me then that means I am handling my business.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Justin Blackmon because he was one of the best receivers coming out of college and while he was playing in the NFL he was doing extremely well, but he just couldn’t stop getting in trouble off the field.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad has had the biggest influence on my life because over the years, and especially after my mother had her stroke, I saw how hard he works and how devoted he was to making sure my three brothers, mother, and myself were all taken care of and doing well. At the end of the day, he is the reason I work so hard because I want to eventually be able to repay him for everything he has done.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Are Bills making a TRADE? | Still TRUSTING the PROCESS? | NFL Draft Diamonds ... youtu.be/-3aE7MYLUnE via @YouTube
about 40 mins ago
- Being on #TheRicoReport got me hype! @REALRICO_BF @Pierre_Kingpin @BfloFanatics the fans are great! Glad I could br… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago