Everyone is targeting Jay Gruden right now. I feel bad for him.
Earlier this week, ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith reported that Gruden would likely be fired soon if the Redskins have another disappointing outing against the undefeated New England Patriots on Sunday.
“Jay Gruden has quit on the Washington Redskins. Everybody in the building knows it,” Smith said. “They expect him to be fired. He expects to be fired. It’s a foregone conclusion as to whether that’s going to happen: he is gone. The question is going to be, when?”
Then today, the Washington Post reports that Jay Gruden did not want Haskins as his QB in Washington.
The Washington Post reports both that Gruden did not want Haskins, and that Haskins can sense Gruden didn’t want him. Both of those pieces of information are attributed to unnamed sources who are close to the situation in Washington.
Gruden has some choice words though for that idea.
“I heard about that one. That one is far from the truth. Those are fighting words for me,” Gruden said, per ESPN’s John Keim. “That’s one thing I will never do or have done in my life. I work extremely hard, getting up early as hell and working late and doing the best I can to get ourselves a victory this week. I have a lot of respect for everyone in this locker room and the last thing I would do to these players is quit on them because I know they’re not going to quit on me.”
Gruden said he has not talked to the Redskins about getting canned.
“I haven’t heard anything yet,” Gruden said. “I’m sure the time could come if we don’t start winning here soon. I go about my business and as long as my key works, I come in here and work as hard as I can to get a win. It’s the way it is. It’s what you sign up for. … You have to be a very mentally tough individual in pro football.”
It honestly sounds like the media wants him gone. He will need a miracle if he wants to keep his job, but it will be hard to keep his job when he named Colt McCoy as his starter this week…..
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Could the Chicago Bulls Hire a New Coach? ift.tt/378Wtro
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 600 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/B0uaO6G7kp
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:Announcement UPCOMING Pro Days: 2020 MFE Elite Virtual Pro Days w/ Zybek Sports nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/announ…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Marcus Hawkins, LB, Sacramento State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mason Sikes, TE, Boise State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/mason-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago