- Name: Raekwon Allen
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 325
- Position: Offensive Lineman
- College: Tennessee State University
- Twitter: that_grind78
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Columbus, Ga. A city that is western part of Georgia. A couple of things I love about my city is the RiverWalk, where I spend some of my time walking and riding my bike. The other thing I would say is the people in my community that I have grown up with my entire life.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study first, due to learning the game along with processing mental reps. Practice is next. Now having the mental reps processed, it’s time to go out and execute the game plan. Lastly, strength and Conditioning. This is vital due to the amount of wear and tear your body goes through during the season. You must find a way to build your body back up so injury prevention is key.
What do you worry about, and why?
• To be honest, I tend not to worry about things in life. I put any battles through Christ, because I know he will cover me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I wouldn’t call this failure by any means but taking the Junior College route. I say this due to the amount of patience I had along with the hard work to get me where I am today.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My passion for the game along with my work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Starting an organization for Mental Health of Student athletes.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Definitely my room. Nothing beats having a clean room to lay my head down.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m very big on family so my first initial instinct is to save a family member. Even though I would love to save anybody in harms way, a family member would be my first go to.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• A character I would be from a movie would have to be Denzel Washington in the film “Equalizer”. His ability to get out of sticky situations in a matter of a few seconds is incredible.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I would say my biggest adversity in life is when I torn my meniscus in high school. I thought life was just over with for me but I rehabbed and prayed about it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I would say my most embarrassing moments would have to be when I was a kid. That’s when I was going through my clumsy phrase and tripped, stumbled, and anything you could think of.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I would say my most memorable play would have to be MTSU game when my current teammate Chris Rowland scored off a screen pass when I blocked the safety for a touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle– Grindin all my life
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• One important trait I believe that would help me towards to the next level is my aggressiveness along with Physicality I bring to the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• This is a tough one but I couldn’t just pick one so I’d say between my great grandmother and my God father “Blueboy” those two were so impactful in my life and I’d love to show them where I am today.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jake Mathews for the Atlanta Falcons. Great size along with amazing footwork to cover the blindside for Matt Ryan.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respect, because not everyone in this world is going to like you but respect is one of my biggest standards in life.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel. He was Electrifying and could always make something out of nothing. I could only imagine what player he could have been if he was more focused.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose by far, bitter taste if you ask me.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom without a doubt has the biggest influence in my life. She’s been there through thick and thin and has shown me the definition of a go-getter by any means.