- Name: Joseph Marshall
- Height: 6’0
- College: Urbana University
- Twitter: @thereal_joe41
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Chicago, Illinois. What I love most about my city is no matter how old I get or how messed up it can be I just get that sense of home its where I grew up and where I’m from. If you make it out of here you can make it out of anywhere
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study so you can study your opponents weaknesses and strength. Players and teams tendencies, the first 15 plays I look for a occurrence of things that tell me what the OCs like to do run or pass wise, Conditioning and practice I say is second because you have to be in game shape for this sport. Lastly I would say practice because if you put your standards high in practice and have a relentless motor eventually the game will feel like practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family and my friends that’s still living in Chicago like yeah I’m blessed with all the opportunities and doors that football opened up for me, but I know some of the struggles that they are going through because I was just in their shoes.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Man I been failing my whole life. It’s been so many times where I thought I couldn’t do it asking myself was it all worth it I’ve made mistakes along the road and my faith was tested but Gods been by my side this whole time I just give the glory to him when I overcome something or even when it don’t go my way.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My passion for this game and my effort. I wanna be great not just good I take everything serious from the warm ups to the classroom.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Mekhi Sargent at University of Iowa and Noah Banks at University of Florida
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’m a weight room type of guy I would like to train people like a Specialized Performance Coach
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my desk first, then room, last my car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save three strangers first because I feel like I’m servicing God by helping more in need.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Hulk. He just don’t care and anything in his way from him getting the task done he’s willing to destroy
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity was my mom passing away with cancer when I was 8 years old. I was split up from my biological brother and haven’t seen him sense. Foster care sucks so I basically raised myself. My foster parents cared about me but they was more the type we going to let you go through it and experience it for you to learn. I was 12 years old running the streets of Chicago with a lot of freedom, I hung with a older group of people so I seen a lot.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I think my embarrassing moment was when I stuck gorilla glue to a hard wood floor when I was younger and placed my foot in it. My mom told me not to touch it but I got a chair and took it out the cabinet just to test a hypothesis out I’ve always been a curious kid
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I played 90 consecutive snaps on defense in Junior College vs. Iowa Western CC in 2017. The best team in the nation and games like that felt like I was playing for a super bowl it was a different type of adrenaline
What song best describes your work ethic?
• G Herbo x 100 days 100 nights
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I have is my Attitude about how I go about everything
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My mother because she was the sweetest person on earth
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Tiki Lobby
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Trent Sherfield WR for the Arizona Cardinals
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected. Because respect is earned, being liked is just wanting to fit in the social norm to be buddy buddy with everyone
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown. I think it’s a way you can handle situations sometimes it not what you say but how you say it
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. I’m just a competitor
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother may she rest in peace. When we was living in the projects she always pushed me to get my education. Told me the life I would have a life that she couldn’t provide for me, the people I’ll meet and the places I’ll go. So I keep going I never was a very smart kid but I had to put in extra time at the library or with tutors.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aidan Hogan, TE, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/aidan-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- This is awesome twitter.com/rexchapman/sta…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Trevon Moehrig, S, Texas Christian University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/trevon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- It is wild, the players are pissed off. They are in shock. twitter.com/jgriner9/statu…
about 1 hour ago