Adam Schefter reported that Jalen Ramsey called the coaches Sunday Night to inform them that he is sick and will be unable to practice today. Due to being sick, Ramsey will not practice today, and who knows maybe the entire week.
Even though Ramsey requested a trade, the word on front street is the Jaguars owner wants to keep him and is willing to pay him. At this point, I do not feel the Jaguars want to trade him because they would have dealt him already if they had interest in trading him.
Schefter is reporting that the Jaguars do not want to move on from him, and they do not have to make a deal. I mean he is under contract, and they can always franchise him. He can sit out, but what will that do? Right now, Ramsey is not getting paid tons of money.
While many think the Chiefs will trade for him and the best odds are that the Chiefs land him, I think a team like Philadelphia will get desperate. After losing to the Lions, the Eagles may get nervous and throw away a couple first round picks to land the All-Pro corner. I mean Marvin Jones tore up the Eagles secondary. They need a new corner and Ramsey would help them out immensely.
The Eagles and their GM Howie Roseman are not afraid to make a trade. They have been making big splashes the last couple years, and this move makes sense. The Birds are getting desperate because they want to win, and let’s face it Ramsey will help them win right now. With Ronald Darby now expected to miss time with an injury the Eagles have to pounce on Ramsey.
Jags owner Shad Khan does not want to part ways with Ramsey and is willing to make him the highest-paid cornerback in football, so that is likely the driving force behind Jacksonville trying to keep him. At least one team is said to have made a respectable offer for Ramsey, but the Jaguars turned it away.
The Eagles odds to win the Super Bowl continue to diminish right now according to NFL Futures NJ, and if they do not do something, they will lose their fans, because this team on paper should be a contender. If they land Ramsey their odds to win the Super Bowl will skyrocket.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- How MLB Teams Might Manipulate Rules to Create Best Roster Possible ift.tt/2O5Ix8W
about 9 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: JaQuan Bailey, DL, Iowa State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jaquan… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/JUryEjgexu
about 16 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Wyatt Gardner, OC, West Liberty University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/wyatt-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shannon Hall, DL, Western Illinois University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/shanno… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/chase-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xt4q3A0Alq
about 36 mins ago