- David Tolbert
- University of San Diego
- Hometown: Northridge, CA
- Twitter: @thereal_dave_T
2018 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2018 All-Pioneer Football League Honorable Mention.
- GP: 11
- Total Tackles: 48
- TFL: 1.0
- FF: 1
- INTs: 1
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
My motivation as an athlete has always been my love for competing. I compete in everything I do and it only intensifies as I get on the field.
What defines success for you?
The meaning of success to me is meeting or exceeding expectations.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
I would say my consistency and even-keeled nature. They know what they are going to get from me every day.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
- Finish what you start.
- Family comes first.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
The toughest player I have competed against in a game is Keelan Doss from UC Davis who is now with the Raiders. However, I feel like I go against the best receiver in the FCS ever day in Michael Bandy.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
Aaron Donald, that guy never gets blocked and ruins the game for offenses.
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
The way I was taught to play you pick based off of three random teams so I don’t really have a go-to team.
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
I usually lean on the people that I respect like my family members or coaches or even friends for advice on the next steps to take and how to respond.
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
I loved studying Darrelle Revis when he was in his prime. I even wore 24 in high school because of him.
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
I would tell myself to take the weight room more seriously.
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
If your life was a book, what would its title be?
“I’m Coming Different.”
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
I like Bruno Mars a lot but I would never put him on the Aux Cord.
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
I would say my grandpa who passed away when I was 7. The way he impacted the community and the amount of knowledge he had, I wish I could tap into and pick his brain. He was definitely a special human being and I’ve never heard anyone say a bad word about him.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered for being a person that always brought joy and laughter to people that were around me.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
I’m going to know what I am doing on the field and lead by example.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update; 49ers back will likely miss 3 to 5 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:Former Indiana High School star football player Schuyler Bradley shot and killed in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL’s Big Bucks Players In 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-19/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CYYfZ3mNJb
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:From the 504 to The Spring League; Dion Ray hopes to show off his skills nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dion-r…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago