- Name: Christian Saulsberry
- Height: 5’7”
- Weight: 185lbs
- Position: WR, RB, KR, PR
- College: The University of West Alabama
- Twitter: @SaulsberryEra
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Memphis, TN. It a place of sports, BBQ, and unconditional love. The thing I love most is the support the community has for young athletes to do something with their lives not only in sports but in school.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, and Practice. Most athletes lift in the mornings so that’s out of the way before practice. Film is the most important thing when it comes to playing sports so you know the tendencies of your opponent or what you did the day before in practice. I chose practice last because after you have watched film you know what you need to work on when you are out there on the field whether it is winning leverage battles, blocking techniques, or critiquing route running to give yourself more separation from defenders
What do you worry about, and why?
• Any person will tell you they have numerous things they worry about, but if I had to choose it would be my life after the game. Football does not last forever, so having many back up plans is what I think about if my career was over today.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have never won a ring in football and that is one of my goals before my career is over. My senior year in high school I was fortunate to be on a 13-0 team leading all the way up to the championship game. We lost the championship game and that day forward I made myself a promise to make sure I am working hard from sun up to sun down, so when the opportunity is put in front of me that I will not let it slip through my hands
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Devonte Jackson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would either like to be a sports agent or a coach
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Three strangers because I have lost family members before. I am a big family and I love them to death. I tell them how much I love them often but letting three people die would not sit right with me. I know that one family member would be watching over me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Mike Epps, I have seen all of the Friday movies and the guy is an absolute clown. Whether it is in a movie or in stand up
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• It would have to be almost losing my life to a ruptured appendix. I learned how to take care of my body not only physically but also mentally
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• being nervous in an interview with the local news in high school and stuttering every other word
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• In junior college we had just scored a touchdown late. We needed a two point conversion to tie. Our coach called a double reverse pass and I had a choice to throw it or run it. I chose to run it and there were two defenders between me and the goal line. I decided to keep it and give up my body and flipped overboth of them and land in the end zone.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Made It from Nothing- Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My toughness. I may not be the tallest or biggest, but I guarantee you I am not the easiest person to tackle
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather because before my parents were married I used to spend a lot of time with him and he was my hero. My mom tells me stories to this day of how hardworking he was and how he shaped my mom to the person she is today
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Boom Boom Room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tarik Cohen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Not everyone is going to like you in this world and they never will, but how you carry yourself and the things you do even when people are not looking will make people respect you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman because of a woman falsely accusing him of rape. Some women out there are just out to mess up athletes careers and it’s always her word against his.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to LOSE
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother. She is a mom, friend, sister, and coach all in one. She shows unconditional love and will break her neck to make sure I never want for anything. If no one believes in me I know she does
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Jake Funk, RB, Maryland | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jake-f… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Collin Hill, QB, South Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/collin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RBkvZZG7uh
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:Youngstown State coach suspended after he blatantly hit UNI playmaker Quan Hampton on the sidelines (VI… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Broncos LB Von Miller will not be charged in regards to the pending criminal investigation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago