- Name: Tyler Weterrings
- Height: 6’8
- Position: LT, LS
- College: Emory & Henry
- Twitter: @weterringsty
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Franklin County, Va. It is a small county. I love the country atmosphere, and the home feeling is my favorite part of Franklin County.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1) Film Study, because we know the opponents tendencies and weaknesses
2) Practice, this is second because this is the physical part of studying film and repping it out
3)Strength and Conditioning, This is last because even though strength is a major key, knowing the other two first can compensate and win more games.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my parents, because I want to know that I can provide and help them with whatever they need once they get to a certain age.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I was a freshman, I failed to become a starter on my JV football team. During season and off season I worked out non stop and dieted to gain 45 pounds in muscle and worked on footwork and speed.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My best quality would be that I am a leader, not by popularity but by example with hard work and continuous support.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against in college is Davon Kieth. His speed and his strength and size is above all in our conference.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I did not play football I would be a welder for a natural gas pipeline either in Texas or Alaska.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• The first thing I would clean would be my room. This is because a room that is clean is a direct representation of how you live your life.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because family is above all. No matter the situation.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would want to be Spider- Man, because he is the only superhero with powers other than super- man.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was being told I would never go to college to play football. I took in the negativity, and I worked harder in and out of the weight room.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I jumped into the pool, when I did my swimming trunks came off, and I did not have anything on under them.