- Name: David Still III
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 230
- Position: LB/DE
- College: Saginaw Valley State University
- Twitter: @david_123451
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I come from a small town in South Jersey called Glassboro, but we would just call it the “Boro”. I graduated from a small school that was big on sports. The rivalries between schools in the area were always fun because for the most part we all knew each other. One thing that I loved about this town was the group of friends I had around me. There are five friends that I basically grew up with you could call them my brothers and still to this day have been close. Just hanging with them and competing everyday would help elevate my game because that’s just how we were. Another thing I loved about my town was located because I was in the middle of Philadelphia PA and the beach in Jersey.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• For me the most important thing for me is film study. Film study gives me the opportunity to know exactly how my opponent moves, it would tell me what to expect when I’m on the field and I see a certain movement or formation. If you can watch film and notice that a running back is lined up at a certain depth and they run only two plays out of this formation you would know what to expect and to me that’s just stealing. Practice is the next most important thing to me. To me practice is nothing but going from the film room to the field and applying what I learned from watching film to actual live play. I take practice like games because if I know how to stop a certain play or where to be at during a certain play during practice then I would know how to handle a game situation.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I Personally worry about not being able to show scouts how good I am because I’m not playing in the BIG10 or any other big conference. I had to work hard for everything that I accomplished nothing was just handed to me and still to this day I want to outwork anyone and everyone to prove that I’m better than them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of a time I failed was probably my freshman year of high school playing football. I didn’t take things as serious and the summer before instead of working out I chose to go places and be with my family instead of taking things seriously and it showed my entire freshman year. When I noticed that everyone around me was doing good and I wasn’t it made me start to treat everything like a competition and I wanted to beat everyone I was just addicted to it. From this point on my whole mindset changed and I made sure that I wasn’t out worked.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would probably say that my best quality would be my work ethic. I’m not the type of person to just do a workout or practice and then just be done with it, I always put in extra work because I was told that somewhere my opponent is working just as hard.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• To be honest I haven’t really played against a player that I would say he’s the best player I’ve played against if anything Michigan Techs offensive Line was the best line that I’ve played against. They were just sound in everything they did, and it was rare that they would mess up and that to me was a challenge because I had to be at my best every play.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would probably be in the FBI. I would choose this career because it interests me just hearing about it made me think that would be something that I would want to do.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because I am always in my room playing games watching movies or sleeping. My room is a place where I relax, I can just close the door and act like there is nothing going on outside of the room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family member because my family has been there through everything with me. You can’t replace a family member like you can replace a stranger, you also can’t replace the love and bond that you have with anyone else. No matter what the situation is I know my family would have my back in a heartbeat just like I would have theirs.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the black panther if I had the choice of being a character. I like the speed and power that he uses when fighting people and that’s how I like to play on the football field.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In high school I was told I was too small to play a position and it made me want to work harder and prove everyone that said I couldn’t play wrong.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when I was playing on ice with my brother slipped and fell.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career would have to be last year playing Wayne State. The game was tied, and they went to kick a field goal I blocked it we went into overtime where they got the ball first. So, we forced a field goal and I blocked it again then get the ball and win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• A song that best describes my work ethic is probably be Nipsey Hussle Hussle & Motivate
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My speed is something that would help me succeed at the next level not too many people that play my position have.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead for one day it would probably be my grand mom. I would choose her because growing up I was always with her whenever I would be with my dad. She would always talk about going to one of my games but never was able to and I just would want to see what she would have to say now.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would call it CLUB Matrix
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• the most underrated player in the NFL to me is Darius Leonard. The way he played last year, and he was only a rookie showed that he’s going to be a problem for a long time.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would be rather be respected because I believe that if someone one respects you; they won’t ever disrespect you but if someone just likes you, they could disrespect you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel the most for ray rice because he has so much talent left and, in my eyes, he was still a problem in the league before the off-field problems.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, losing to me is like the worst feeling in the world no matter how good a win feels the way I feel after losing is twice the feeling.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life are my parents. They always stay on top of me and make sure I’m doing the right things. They showed me that with hard work and can accomplish my goals. I believe I wouldn’t be the good player I am today without them always pushing me.