- Name: Cameron Brown
- Position: Defensive End
- Height: 6000
- Weight: 240
- School: Case Western Reserve University
- Twitter: @Cam_brown75
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is a safe and tight-knit community where you can always feel safe wherever you are going. My favorite part about my hometown has to be the people.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study
- Strength and Conditioning
- Practice is where you can get all your questions answered and understand why you are going to defend a team a certain way, while also becoming more comfortable with the style of play of your teammates in order to be the most successful.
- Film study lets you break down your individual matchup and see formational tendencies to be more effective in disrupting plays and having a better idea of what play you are about to see.
- Strength and conditioning get your body right for the grind of a full season to help ensure you peak and maintain a high level throughout the entire season. What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about being the best at whatever I am trying to do.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I did not get recruited coming out of high school the way I wanted. I took a year off from football and then got after it in the weight room and on the field to get to the level of success that I felt I could reach.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Justin Hill
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Working in the NBA, I have worked the NBA Summer League the past 3 years and I have gotten job offers as a result.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, for me it is family over everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Deadpool because he can’t be killed, and he has a good time in every situation he is in no matter how serious. He gets to live care free and help those in need.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Moving from Ohio to California for my freshman year of high school. I had to get adjusted to a whole new school with new friends in a short amount of time. I adjusted by getting acclimated with my football and basketball teammates there and reacclimating myself academically and athletically.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was in Kindergarten, I was wearing tear-away pants and accidentally tore them off during recess and then I had to go home
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I had a pick 6 last season on a screen against Bethany College
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Suge – DaBaby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My ability to rush the QB
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Martin Luther King Jr. so I could see how he fought through so much adversity and had so much passion to make a change when he knew the risks that came with what he was doing.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Danielle Hunter
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, if you are respected people will take you more seriously.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Plaxico Burress. He had a very promising career ahead of him and then he accidentally shot himself in the foot with a gun. It seemed to be an isolated incident and not one where a player is given multiple chances, but they continue to mess it up.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad. He has shown me that with the right work ethic you can achieve your dreams and you can go above and beyond what others think you are capable of. He has also been the biggest help in me reaching my current level of success in football with his support and ability to connect me to high-level trainers.