- Name:Branyan Javier-Castillo
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 215
- Position: outside linebacker hybrid
- College: University of Rhode Island
- Twitter: JaviTUhotty
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Gaithersburg Maryland and what I love the most about Gaithersburg is that we have a bunch of great places to eat I could never complain about the food.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study I would say is the most important because if you don’t know what your opponent is doing then you will have a hard time being successful during the game. Then I would have conditioning as second because if you can out run your Opponent you will be in great position to win every rep. I would have strength as last because that’s something that anybody can get you just need to work hard and be consistent with the workouts.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family every single day, I never get to see them due to me being 7 hours away from home. They mean the world to me because if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be where I am right now. My little sister always calling me asking for advice about life and it hurts me that I can’t be there with her to help her grow.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshman year in high-school I decided to play football and I ended up playing running back I never got to play until the last game of the season where I was called up to start. I got the ball a couple times. Then my opponent poked the ball out of my hands. The ball went flying up in the air and I was pulled out. Didn’t get a chance to go back in the game. I remembered crying and I told myself never again. The next day I started developing my football skills with my best friend. This was all year long and the next season I scored 9 touchdowns 5 picks at safety and two pick 6s. This experience showed me that just because I failed it’s not the end of the world. It’s about how are you going to react when failure is present. I made sure that I would never let my teammates down like that ever again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say I am passionate, relentless and fearless.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jimmy Moreland cornerback from James Madison university.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be in the world of real estate or I would go into construction.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
Room,Car and desk
• which would you pick you first and why?
I would clean my room first because that is where I sleep and eat. Second would be my car as I drive in it everyday I gotta back sure it’s clean. Then my desk would be last because I don’t spend to much time on my desk.
•If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
I would save my family member first due to the fact that I grew up with them.
•If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
I would be the character Ace of the movie paid in full. He is a very observant person who has worked from the bottom up in the smartest way possible. He provides for his family through his hustle and stays away from trouble. I respect that because this movie was a true story so that’s why I would love to be Ace.
•Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• one of the my biggest adversities in life would be me going to a junior college to play football. I had to take out loans in order to pay for the school and I also had to figure out ways to eat knowing that the food they gave us was not good. Sometimes I would go nights without eating. Also you never knew if you were going to make it out of juco because everyday it could have been your last day due to possible injuries that could stop you from moving forward.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One of my most embarrassing moments would be when my father shaved all my hair off because we couldn’t afford to get me a haircut so I went to school balled at the age of 7-8. Kids made fun of my shiny head.
•What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
I would say when one of my teammates from junior college blocked a field goal I scooped the ball up from the back of the end-zone and took it back for 110 yards.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Money in my mind – Lil Wayne
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The best trait you can have when it comes to being psychical is having a conditioned body. If you have a motor that doesn’t stop then it’s going be hard to stop you especially when your opponent is tired. A
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be Tupac because he knew so much about life at such a young age. He constantly spoke about matters that people were to afraid to talk about it.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it uptop
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
* Darius leonard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected then liked I don’t care if people don’t like me I can’t control how people feel about me so I can’t waste my energy trying to fix that. Respect by others is a blessing because that means that you are views as some one that can get a j
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say micheal Vick because he changed the game of football at the Qb position. He made a poor decision with the dogs situation but I still looked up to him even after the situation. He kinda hurt his legacy because he didn’t play for a while but he came back and did great things.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win but I appreciate my losses because that means I have an opportunity to learn and grow from that loss.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
* My parents would be my biggest influencers because they came to America with nothing and they made nothing into something. They taught me that if I ever wanted something that you just got to work hard for it regardless of the circumstances that you are in.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for December 3, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Jay Tufele, DT, University of Southern California nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/jay-tu… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chauncey Lowman, QB, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/chaunc… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/DRVpfJryCk
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:The Best Apps for Sports and Games Fans to Get Now nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/best-a… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SVpIq35k2D
about 39 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors | Myles Gaskin Injury Update | How soon will he return? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago